Losers for Lent

Groups » Losers for Lent » Discussion » HAPPY SUNDAY!! GO ...

HAPPY SUNDAY!! GO TO FOODS!

(deactivated member)
on 2/20/10 9:23 pm - Middle River, MD
Morning all!  I've had a great weekend so far, but yesterday, it REALLY centered around food and friends.  For the MOST part, I did OKAY, but fell off my original decision of JUST a crabcake and salad.

B - Protein coffee
      Greek yogurt with blueberries/granola

L - Cream of crab soup
      Tossed salad
      Crab cake
      4 bites of baked potato

LNS - Two ham/cheese roll-ups

TRUST me, I CERTAINLY could've done without the soup!!  However, this is a restaurant that although I dearly love, I only eat at once or twice a year.  I did have my usual tons of fluids, though.  And the scale still showed another pound down!  CLEARLY, FOR ME, it's the sugar/refined sweet carbs.  You know, the stuff that tastes great going down.

Today, here's the plan:

B - Protein coffee
      Greek yogurt with blueberries/granola

L - Not sure, but we always have hard boiled eggs, deli turkey, cheeses, etc.

D - Baked ham
      Garlic green beans

I live with my parents, so between Mom and me, there's ALWAYS something to choose from.  Because Mom and Dad don't follow any particular eating style (although Dad should because of his health), our tastes in food vary.  They are much more prone to the junk eating, and I don't want to deprive them of what they want, so I usually supplement the basics at our house with my own selections.

On any given day, you'll find in our larders/pantry:

Fresh fruit
Canned mandarin oranges (rinsed and drained, they're great in salads)
Tuna packed in water
Foil packets of salmon
Cucumbers
Bananas
Greek yogurt
2% cheese sticks (IMO, cheese NEEDS a little fat)
Skim milk
Flavored teas
Instant oatmeal (I prefer the Quaker Weight Control)
Triscuits (they're whole grain)
Rotisserie chicken
Lean ground beef
Morningstar Farms Spicy Black Bean Burgers (Yum with salsa, cheese and Greek yogurt)
Turkey pepperoni (to make pepperoni chips)
Boneless, skinless chicken breasts or tenders
Shrimp

Given all that, there's SIMPLY no reason for me to want anything else, right?  Yeah, right.  I STILL crave the bad stuff (although admittedly, in the last 4 days, not NEARLY as much as before), but I find that with a little bit of prep/planning, I can outsmart the carb monster.

How about you?  What are your go to foods/staples?  And if anyone has any great recipes, please share?  In fact, I may do another thread a bit later with some recipes that have really helped me!!

Have a great Sunday!

Hugs,

Tia

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/20/10 10:52 pm
It is a beautiful day out there today. Sunny and it is going to be nice - in 60's.  Yea! Finally.  I will be staying home - most likely - unless someone calls and make me go out there.
We have been out all day yesterday - shopping, running errands. I did not do all I wanted - but most.
Yesterday morning - I realized that I have an animal in the house that does not serve a purpose. A cat - she eats, and poops, and eats some more, and scratches the furniture.  It is a rather expensive live toy.  Black lively and beautiful. Cuddly and loving - but beside that - not that useful. Then it don on me -she has a purpose: she keeps the snakes and the elephants out of the back and front yard.  My boyfriend looked at me like I lost my mind: "Elephants?"   he asked. "yes" I replied, "Have you seen any ? She is doing a really good job at keeping them out". 
So now - when she wants to go out I would say that she needs to make sure the elephants stay away - and he just smiles and shakes his head....

Anyway - foods today:
Chocolate coffee
Protein coffee
Nuts + 85% chocolate (just a little)
 then, plan to have; (not necessary in any order)
egg-bites, chicken breast, green beans, some string cheese, fruits - blackberries, try the new prot bars I got on sale, more nuts, etc.   I crave more "food-food: not carbs.  So that is good. 

Probably my eyes are again bigger than my pouch - so we will see what I can eat today.  I need to clean the fridge - and look for foods that need to be either eaten, processed or just get rid of.  I try to do that every weekend - I forget what I have there.  I buy things they we do not eat it.    

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

MSW will not settle
on 2/21/10 12:59 am
I was a good girl yesterday.  My carbs came from a banana and an apple.  Other than that I was protein focused.  I plan the same for today. 

The menu includes shrimp, pork chops, and salmon croquettes.  All carbs from produce again. 

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

Mr.Incredible
Group Leader

KBS-TIA
Group Administrator