Losers for Lent

Groups » Losers for Lent » Discussion » Hi! I had the same...

Hi! I had the same idea!!..lol

*KiminFontana* *.
on 2/20/10 5:26 am - Fontana, CA
A cross post from the California board, regarding the 40 observant lo-no carb eating plan!!
  Hi all!! 
Oh my goodness...I did the exact same thing on my own as a Lent thing, but also because it was an exact number of days to try and give it a go.  No refined or processed carbs in my food plans, just super duper whole grain foods, proteins and veggies with occassional lower GI fruit.  I have done very well, but as expected, today I am feeling tired, not havng any instant energy for 4 days.  I have found that I am eating way less at meal time and filling up fast as I should be given my RNY procedure well over a year ago. I am hoping to properly re-commit  to the plan after the 40 or so days.  I also stopped eating fast food and restaurant foods for the same amount of time.  That part is painful because of the social aspect...(that is my true Seasonal sacrifice)...but also goes to show how we socialize around food.  It will still be my favorite thing to do because there is always something good to choose from on restaurant menus now a days.  I have also vowed to NOT weigh myself for the 40 days.....a HUGE part of my daily life to let go.
Good Luck and best wshes to all in this 6 week endeavor!!
Kim in Fontana
(deactivated member)
on 2/20/10 9:08 pm - Middle River, MD
Hi Kim!!  Welcome!!  Great minds obviously think alike!!!

I found your statement about filling up faster when you omit the refined carbs to be very true these last few days.  Thank goodness!!  Even though I'm almost 5 years out, I still have restriction, but it IS normal for your pouch to stretch.  I was happy to discover that as long as I eat like I'm supposed to, I still have GREAT restriction, which is a relief to me!

Good luck!!!  Feel free to join us anytime!

Hugs,

Tia
MSW will not settle
on 2/21/10 1:05 am
I agree with the filling up faster without the carbs.  Over the last six months I average around 40g of carbs a day.  On the really low carb days I'm sated.  On the high carb days I'm a bottomless pit unless I eat them with dense protein. 

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

Mr. Incredible
on 2/21/10 10:25 pm - Canada
Welcome to the group Kim- you are correct... great minds think alike.. lol.

I know we all can use each other's moral support... atleast I know I do!
PATS- September 30th 2009
Surgery- October 14th, 2009
orignall goal-200lbs new goal 185'
August 2011-  182- umm.. now what?
The past is the past and can never be changed, but the future is what ever you want it to be.

Mr.Incredible
Group Leader

KBS-TIA
Group Administrator