Losers for Lent

Groups » Losers for Lent » Discussion » HAPPY SATURDAY! CA...

HAPPY SATURDAY! CARBS & EATING OUT

(deactivated member)
on 2/20/10 9:42 pm - Middle River, MD

Okay, Ruby, here's a way to look at it.  Besides the obvious of tomorrow's a fresh start - pre-op, what would you have eaten?  Chances are, you still did great!!!

Hang in there and hopefully, you'll get some good rest!

Hugs,

Tia

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/20/10 9:26 am
Hi Tia. 
I bet that tasted so good. But - today was another day - so hopefully - you did great.
My pouch and insides were still pissed off on my on Friday - so during the day - when I eat something - I was in pain.  So I mostly drank my food (protein drinks).  Then, frustrated at evening - I got a glass of wine... and everything relaxed.  I guess I needed that.  I was able to eat food... and an apple. And I did not have any meat on Friday! 
This morning my pouch and the insides were - surprisingly - OK.  So I drank my coffee, had some protein pumpkin bread, and was as happy as one can be.  Since I mostly drank last 3 days - my pouch kind of shrank - so even though I could eat - not as much as before that.  But things are good.   We went shopping all over the place so most food were eaten in the car.  I still did very good.
I had:
coffee,
pumpkin protein bread
protein coffee
2 cheese sticks + beef stick
Cheese stick + protein crisps
dinner: beef stew (only 1/2 of what I though I could eat)
then as a dessert \: will be nuts (0.5-1 oz), piece of dark chocolate 
Glass of wine... 
And maybe blackberries... (probably not)

So carb wise and food wise - I did great.  Money wise (shopping)  - not so much... 

It is funny when I buy OhYeah! protein drink as a "treat" for a great behavior... lol.  

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Jody ***
on 2/20/10 10:02 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
H 2 - I made your pumpkin banana bread tonight.  I haven't cut into it yet...

Now - I ran out of Vanilla protein - I had about 1 1/2 cups - and topped it off with Banana Nut Bread protein - I was wondering how it would have tasted with ALL Banana Nut bread protein powder?  Do you think it would have been too much?

I think I'll go have me a slice now!  It smells awesome!

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/23/10 8:17 am, edited 2/23/10 8:19 am
Jody, Hope the bread was good..
many times I use what I have .... even natural, flavorless. - then I add more "stuff" to make it taste good.� What ever will take.
I learn to "taste" the butter before I put it into the backing forms.� I know how it "should" taste raw - for it to taste good after backing.��If it taste like "I will lick the mixing things, and lick the bowl (yes� - my nose gets some, and my fingers) and�any�other utensils before i wash them - then the bread will be good - if the batter - is so-so, the�bread will need some "extras" after backing (i.e. -�layer with SF jam, or hut butter, or make a "filling", to put�inside the muffins...).��

I also use Greek yogurt - mix with stuff�- to put on top of the slices.� Or take the bread - and dry it in the oven for "dipping�sticks" for my yogurt.� Or break - soak with (alcohol?) - and use as a layers in a parfait dessert -�or can be used as a base for many other cakes (instead of lady fingers - just bake it in a shallow pan� - do not put nuts or flax seeds in it)�

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

(deactivated member)
on 2/20/10 9:44 pm - Middle River, MD
Hala -

I had to laugh at your version of a "treat."  Yesterday, my g/f brought me a peanut butter creme Powercrunch Bar.  These things are addictive, sugar-wafer like and nice for a high protein treat for me.

I'm glad your pouch is behaving, and when payday rolls around, I'm going to buy the ingredients to make your bread.  Sounds heavenly!!

Hugs,

Tia

Mr.Incredible
Group Leader

KBS-TIA
Group Administrator