Losers for Lent

Groups » Losers for Lent » Discussion » 1 DOWN, 39 TO GO!!

1 DOWN, 39 TO GO!!

(deactivated member)
on 2/17/10 9:58 pm - Middle River, MD
Okay, everyone, how'd you do on Day #1?  I am SO proud of myself, I resisted the siren call of that evil Easter nemisis - Reese's pb eggs.  Seriously, in Giant yesterday, I had nothing but good things in my cart, but did they care?  Noooooo...........they still liltingly whispered, "Tiaaaaaaaa......eat us!  We're soooooooooooooooo good!!!  And even though we're high in carbs, we contain peanut butter and you KNOW it's protein!"  LMAO!!!  Anyway, I didn't even GO down that aisle!!!  Woo-hoo!!

So, wanna tell me what you ate yesterday?  And remember, it's vital to keep up on your fluids and vitamins, too!

Me:

B - Protein coffee
     Greek yogurt with blueberries/granola

L - Chili w/cheese

S - Rice cakes/hummus

D - Rotisserie chicken
      Garlic green beans

S - Skim milk with Splenda

160 oz. of fluids!!!!

Next!!!!

Tia
justthebeginning
on 2/17/10 10:49 pm - Cambridge, MD
Okay ~ I made it through day one too.  Not without some complications ~ I will share ~ sorry if it is TMI for any of you.

So it was my intention to do a day of fasting yesterday.  Kind of a jump start, kick-out-the carbs thing, but I didn't quite make it.  BUT, I'm not beating myself up over it, because what I did eat was good.

B - Coffee w/ splenda & s/f cream

L - Coffee w/splenda & s/f cream (Do you see a pattern?)

Well about 5:00, I was on the phone at work and a pang hit me in my stomach.  I had to abruptly end the call and run to the bathroom.  OMG ~ Can you say DUMPED.  I think it was my system trying to get out all the built up stuff out.  If that's what it was doing - it succeeded.  Needless to say, my day at work ended abruptly and I ran out of work and directly home.  (Sorry)

D - I wanted to have nothing, but I broke down and had 1 cup of imitation crab and 3 apple slices.

I did drink my water throughout the day and took my vitamins.

Scale says down 2 lbs today - only 46 more to go. 

Lisa Z.

When we believe, all things are possible!

Mr. Incredible
on 2/17/10 11:42 pm - Canada
lol- one of my biggest addictions is caffine.  I went off coffee for about 3 months after the surgery- then tried a caffine free one- YUCK... I mean- why bother.  I ended up ordering my double/double (low fat milk/sweetner).  Atleast you dump- I don't believe I am saying this- but I wish I dumped more..
justthebeginning
on 2/18/10 12:50 am - Cambridge, MD
I can't believe that you're saying that either.  I mean, I know why you are probably saying that, but . . . YUCK.  It is only the 2nd time since surgery that I have ever dumped like that.  The first was on a sugar-free smoothie on my way home from a New York City trip.  Talk about pulling that car over as fast as possible to find the next rest stop!!! 

Lisa Z.

Jody ***
on 2/17/10 10:54 pm - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
Hi Tia!

I did o****il evening....

B - 2 protein coffees
L - white chicken chili (has carbs in the beans)
S - SF skinny latte
S - cheese stick
S - small spoon of peanut butter
D - chicken with sauteed zucchini
S - 2 beers (I drink the Select 55 which is 55 calories and like 1 carb)
S - this is where I strayed big time - half a bag of microwave popcorn...
S - glass of 1/2% milk

Fluids - did pretty good with it.  That's a big problem for me and I'm definitely trying to do better

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

justthebeginning
on 2/18/10 12:53 am - Cambridge, MD
Evening is always the worst time for me.  During the day I keep pretty busy and if I can get through a craving (whether it's real or head related) I can usually focus on something else to take my mind off of it.  But when I get home in the evening, I can't seem to help myself.  Last night I went in my bedroom and stayed in there.  My husband (being the loving man he is) had the kids and when they came home, they smelled just like McDonalds.  I didn't know that you could actually smell that stuff on you after you have eaten. 

Lisa Z.

MSW will not settle
on 2/17/10 11:45 pm
That supermarket story sounds like my experiences.  I swear Cap'n Crunch keeps saying "Hey girl, over here! You know you want me." when I pass the cereal ailse.  At times he even calls me a ***** lol.  How sad when Cap'n Crunch is your dream man. 

It was supposed to be meatless and carbless but I forgot and did not plan the fridge/ freezer well.  I ended up with breaded frozen sea food and all the extra carbs and fat that come with it.  I must admit although it was unplanned, it was good and different.   I ate too much of it because I had nothing else around the house. 

I'm good for today.  Lean meats ready to be cooked.  I'll be preping for another meatless day tomorrow.  No more breading.

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

justthebeginning
on 2/18/10 12:58 am - Cambridge, MD
You are too funny!  I love Captain Crunch too!  Crunch berry and P/B.  Luckily, I haven't gone there since surgery.  My issue is if I try it and get away with it, I will pu****'s limits.
Sounds just like an addict, huh?

Lisa Z.

sjbob
on 2/18/10 2:19 pm - Willingboro, NJ
Not going down a certain aisle in a supermarket is not my problem because I don't do any shopping.  I doubt that I could walk up and down 1 aisle with my cane.  If I have to walk someplace, I use my rollator and can sit frequently.  It's just not convenient to sit in a supermarket.

No, my big problem is a convenience store called WaWa.  They're similar to 7/11 but are very popular in SE PA, DE, and S NJ.  Most people can give directions to there home from the nearest WaWa ( by the way tne name is an old Indian work for goose and the goose is their symbol).  The whole thing is that anyplace you drive, you are bound to pass one.  I've just had to learn to tune out the calls of all of the foods in there.  The bad (?) part is that they also sell fresh sandwiches, salads, milk, juices, fruit, and coffee.  There can be a good reason for going into one but it's harder to resist tempting foods once inside.

Mr.Incredible
Group Leader

KBS-TIA
Group Administrator