Losers for Lent

Groups » Losers for Lent » Discussion » Food- Friend or Foe...

Food- Friend or Foe?

Mr. Incredible
on 2/17/10 11:54 pm - Canada
Let me begin by again welcoming our new members- and please share the link of this group with anyone you think may benefit from it.  The more active we all are, the increased chances of us ALL succeeding.
Another thank you to the ladies that sent me messages yesterday- yes, I think we are all on the same page- some of us miss sweets, hot foods, baked goods etc.

Tia- you mentioned in a post yesterday you were going to make up a special s/f cheesecake treat- how did it go?  Is it in the mail?  lol.

Obviously food is neither a friend or a foe- it is what we need to eat to survive.  My best friend in high school told me many moons ago- that if any government really wanted to do something good for their citizens, they would ban salt and sugar- can you imagine if either became a 'controlled substance'?  Although the idea is not with some merit- it's not realistic.  We all need to be are own 'government' to control those things that we want to eat.

Please- feel free to post.  Also- Tia started a post today which surprising is a good idea (lol- sorry- couldn't resist Tia)- she listed everything she ate yesterday- to hold herself accountable.  I think that's a great idea- and maybe we should all try to do it daily- wont take long.

Sjbob- also made a good point- If you have something you shouldn't- don't use that as an excuse to give up- just move on- it is about 'one day at a time'.  If we make a mistake- just start over again- with every ones support- we can do this.
PATS- September 30th 2009
Surgery- October 14th, 2009
orignall goal-200lbs new goal 185'
August 2011-  182- umm.. now what?
The past is the past and can never be changed, but the future is what ever you want it to be.

(deactivated member)
on 2/18/10 12:09 am - Middle River, MD
Blah, blah, blah.  LOL!!!  Well, I got what I deserved for asking my Dad to read the ingredients in the s/f cheesecake - he said 8 oz. l/f cream cheese.  BUT.....what he didn't tell me was that it was the whipped kind in the tub.  Sigh.  I think that would affect the consistency, so back to the store I go tonight. 

Um....yeah, babe, it's in the mail.  Along with the check!!!  LOL!!

And oh, hush on my post.  I do it every day on the Maryland Board - it's called "The Feed Bag," and yes, I did create it to help us be accountable.  Even at almost 5 years post-op, I STILL need to be accountable!!!

T
H.A.L.A B.
on 2/18/10 1:03 am, edited 2/18/10 1:04 am
Ron, since I like you - check my very low sugar, high protein, flourless banana - pumpkin bread.
Only bananas can be used - but they have more sugar than pumpkin and pumpkin has more fiber and more vit A.�
So fantastic bread.� Just try it.� I would send you a small one - but - by the time I get myself to send anything to anyone - is all gone.� Even my BF likes it for breakfast.� And my non RNY friends.�

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/18/10 1:03 am

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

justthebeginning
on 2/18/10 5:29 am - Cambridge, MD
FOE . . . and that's all I've got to say about that!

Lisa Z.

When we believe, all things are possible!

Mr.Incredible
Group Leader

KBS-TIA
Group Administrator