Losers for Lent

Groups » Losers for Lent » Discussion » What I'm giving up....

What I'm giving up...

Karen M.
on 2/16/10 5:50 am - Mississauga, Canada
No religious affiliation, but do see this as an opportunity to "give something up" that is bad.  So, therefore, I am giving up bad carbs.  No chips, no popcorn, no breading on stuff.

Oh.  And cheese chips.  I deonouce those as well. LOL 

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Cheryl D.
on 2/16/10 6:18 am - Toronto, Canada
I'm SO in.  I have/had a carb addition and so far I've been ok with it since surgery just over 2 months ago. I haven't eaten sugar or simple carbs yet, ie:  no bread, pasta, rice etc.  and want to keep it that way as long as I possibly can.  So yeah, I'm in.   I am used to giving up something during Lent anyway so this comes at the right time for me personally.  Thanks for starting this group.

Cheryl

Karen M.
on 2/17/10 12:04 am - Mississauga, Canada
Great idea, Cheryl.  It can really help you to avoid starting to add things before you should.  The OH board REALLY helped me do that, epsecially with sugar. Glad you joined :)

Karen

missingmanny
on 2/16/10 9:30 am - Canada
My name is Marion and I'm addicted to unhealthy carbos....At least I was, until after surgery...the closest I've come to bread since October was a quarter of a slice of burnt rye bread...It was yummy, but none since....I've been having my no sugar, no salt pb on ryvita, or melba...
Haven't done sweets, other than sf popsicles, and tried a russel stover pecan thingy which gave me the scoots....
So I'm glad of this group to get ideas and learn more about how others manage....Thanks Mr. I....and K...hey!  group administrator...how'd ya get that promotion????

HW 268  SW 261  CW 166GW 170 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com    

Karen M.
on 2/17/10 12:05 am - Mississauga, Canada
I dunno!  LOL

And I'm LOL'ing at "gave me the scoots".  Too funny.  I'm afraid to try those, guess I was justified in my fear!

Karen

balou
on 2/16/10 5:44 pm - toronto, Canada

for lent i'll give up all junk food, i've been over doing them a bit so this will give me a good insentive to do it

Karen M.
on 2/17/10 12:05 am - Mississauga, Canada
Good for you! :)

Karen

MSW will not settle
on 2/17/10 12:04 pm
Lent is a perfect time for me to de-carb.  After a year I'm tempted to slip. 

My Lenten rules:  All carbs  from fruit and veg.  No simple carbs, no whole grain carbs.  Avoid breading of any kind.  Back to the carb rules of my first six months post op.   

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/18/10 12:50 am
As a Catholic - I will give up the following:  
- give up eating meat every Friday.  I will get more fish those days.  I think I can do that.  And it will be good for me.  I will try to do that for main meals also on Wednesday.  I will try to make sure that are main dishes are healthy fish.
- no more simple carbs - or even complex if they exceed the protein in a meal. 
- give up the Whipped Cream - that will be a though one.   

I barely eat any simple carbs anyway - if I do - they make me really sick.  Do I need a permission to classify 85% chocolate as a complex carbs?  It is mostly fat... and it makes me feel good, without affecting my blood sugar level.  

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

LesshugeinNJ
on 2/19/10 2:33 am
I'm jealous about the fish thing. I LOVE fish, but have had a miserable time with it for all of these 9 months since my RNY. I go through periods where meat of any kind makes me sick, but all of the non-fish meat is ok for me at least some of the time. I've tried everything to make it work - lower fat fish like Tilapia, higher like Salmon - light sauce to moisten it a bit, no sauce at all - eaten in filet form, shredded down to a pile - nothing seems to work.

Mr.Incredible
Group Leader

KBS-TIA
Group Administrator