Deep East Texas Loggers

Recent Posts

Karla Lewis
on 5/15/12 9:40 am - Livingston, TX
Topic: Time to get tough
I have been complacent for a while and it's time to get tough. Tomorrow I will start focusing on protein and little carbs and opeully my knee injury from January is better due to a shot and I can climb on the elliptical again.

I have purchased needed food and plan on 10 strict days for a good start.

Karla Lewis     337/194/175
Lap RNY 1-23-2006     Dr. Terry Scarborough   Houston, TX
Lipo 4-27-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
LBL 11-13-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
BL & brachioplasty  7-18-2008       Dr. David Wainwright    Houston, TX

Karla Lewis
on 1/16/12 6:35 am - Livingston, TX
Topic: Dr. Oz " The Power of Food" Quiz
Go to www.doctoroz.com and take his food addict quiz. It just takes a few minutes. It is called The Power of Food

I answered honestly and here are my results: 51 of 75 points

You are somewhat preoccupied with delicious food but this is unlikely to be an issue unless your are overweight or an impulsive eater.

You should interpret your score in light of 2 other factors. One is whether or not you have trouble controlling your weight and the other is If you tend to be an impulsive eater.

If one or both are true of you, the higher scores more likely mean that delicious food has too strong an influence on you.

Naw...not me!

Karla

K. Sutton
on 7/22/11 10:00 pm - Cleveland, TX
Topic: Where is everybody??
Karla it seems to be pretty slow here.  I am fixing to have a VSG along with my daughter soon and was looking for a good support group.  I am from Cleveland and was looking for a near by group.  Not trying to knock this group but would like to find one that is active.  Any suggestions for my area/

Thanks,
Kevin Sutton
Karla Lewis
on 7/7/11 12:10 am - Livingston, TX
Topic: Choices and Excuses For Food We Eat
Far too often people try to blame others for their problems. That irresponsible attitude is seeping into food choices as well. "It looked so good", "I had to eat it", "but it's so fast and easy", "I don't cook much", and "I work and don't have time to cook". Even if it is, each person still has the responsibility of deciding what they will and will not put in their mouths. We have never been force fed French fries, cookies, cake or fried chicken.

Think about it. I sure know I am guilty on occasion. It's all about choices we make. make good choices!

Karla

Karla Lewis
on 7/7/11 12:09 am - Livingston, TX
Topic: New members
If you know of any WLS folks in Deep East Texas that you think might benefit, please give me their OH names and I'll invite them. I would like to start this up on a regular basis and have some face to face meetings in Livingston beginning in September. I have to find a place to meet, so if you have any suggestions, let me know. I am going to check with my church, First Methodist and see if it is a possibility. the other choice would be at McDonalds. My group in Spring has met at SBUX and McDonalds and it works out well for a meeting.

I finally finished my group leader training, so I feel we can crank up now and get some local support.

Karla