Bariatric Journey

Groups » Bariatric Journey » Discussion » how is everybody?

how is everybody?

**willow**
on 4/18/08 2:37 pm - Lake In The Hills, IL
I have been working out alot - hurt my back and am on a core strengthening program with a physical therapist.  It is working ver y well. I can feel myself getting stronger and the pain is  decreasing,. It has kept me from being as active on the message boards as I would like to be.  summmer is coming andthat is such a busy time for everyone, with all sorts of activities and holidays, bbq's etc. I find many temptations with these types of functions, the hot dogs and chips served at a lot of BBQ's are not so WLS friendly.  coping skills I am using for these situations.  eat a little something healthy and filling before attending.  bring something that fits nicely into my eating plan - a big bowl of hummus and cut up veggies works well.  or a big salad loaded with my favorites - cucmbers, tomatoes, olives, feta cheese in small amounts,   a fruit and cheese tray.  little grilled chicken skewers that are often served as appetisers make a great wls friendly main entree.  do exrea exercise before going. summer is the greatest  time for really getting active in a fun way.  Not exercise , but just getting out and having fun that burns calories, a game of badminton, ride a bike ( I just got one and I feel like a little kid when  I am riding it)-exercise and mental health adjustment all in one!!!  play frisbee, go to the playground wiht the kids and PLAY instead of watching, go up the slide, play tag, climb the monkey bars ( yes - I am 47 going on 48 way too soon but I want to stay young and fit and enjoy life) go dancing. put on music whie you are cleaning and dance arond th house with the vacuum cleaner.  just have fun moving your shrinking body in new ways!!!

10+ years post op and still maintaining!!! surgery  9/25/2002 260/134
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bariatric_journey/welcome/                                                 if you send a friend request on FB make a note that you are from OH - thanks           http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/profile.php?id=586438255&ref=profile  

also www.facebook.com/valshealthykitchen        

Bike Riding