Gastric Banding support group

Recent Posts

rlogue
on 1/29/12 11:12 pm - Clinton, NJ
Topic: Weight Loss since surgery
Hi All,

I would be interested to know how you are doing since your surgery.  Please let me know when you had your surgery, how many adjustments, and weight loss to date?

Would also like to know how the course has been - when on your journey did you loose the most weight, struggle, re-focus, etc.

Looking forward to hearing from you!
Rosemary
barbie1963
on 7/10/11 4:59 pm - Parsonsfield, ME
Topic: RE: Hello All!
gosh
since last nov
get a fill then its too much.. little out... then bang need something medical
i workout at least 1 hr a day at least 5-7 days a week
love working out..
but its still not enough to keep the weight down
they want to do fluro-fill
sometime in Sept
soonest i can get in...

thanks hope you have a great day

Exercising again!, Life is good.... 

IHRF-PIN-copy.jpg picture by habannoRaising awareness and praying for a cure!!  
                            7_5_1411.gif picture by morbid2thebone 290/start 170/current 145/goal
Conniegirl
on 7/10/11 2:37 pm
Me too Barb.  Hopefully others will join in here. It is good to know that you are not alone and thanks for posting. How long have you been working back up to the "sweet spot"?  Patience is not easy  to have under these conditions, but we will get there, one fill at a time.  Then all this waiting will melt away and be forgotten as the sizes drop down down down down.  Ah...can't wait for that day to come back. 

Have an awesome rest of the weekend and a good week. 
Conniegirl    
barbie1963
on 7/10/11 10:39 am - Parsonsfield, ME
wow
thank you for this post
i have had two surgeries and had to have it unfilled for tests
and have gained.. trying to get it slowly filled and damn... its not going well

i too am trying to get back my sweet spot...
was so good.. three years out last month and was down 115 lbs

thanks again

barb

Conniegirl
on 7/10/11 7:20 am
Not really sure how to do this or what to say to get started.  I am 1 year post op with the band and I have been off track since blocking the band with medications.  I am trying to find that optimized point again and wanted to know tips and tricks that others have used to know when you have found optimized.  I have a friend at work who says that you need to be on the 5 bite diet, when you get to that 5th bite, you are asking yourself if it is too much.  I am wondering, especially now, if this idea isn't putting the band too tight?  My question is what does optimized feel like for you? and how do you know when you have gotten there.  I have been strugging with this for a year now (wanted to be down 80 lbs and only down 35 lbs) I need to know what I should be working on to get me going down the weight loss trail again and if the 5 bite concept is really how tight the band should be in order to be optimized.
Conniegirl    
barbie1963
on 2/6/10 7:51 pm - Parsonsfield, ME
Hi,
I am looking forward to this group and thank you for starting it!!
I am new to joining groups...

Hope you have a great weekend.

Barb

rlogue
on 2/6/10 1:59 am - Clinton, NJ
Topic: Hello All!
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the group.  Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you.  I know many of you have tried to join this group quite some time ago.

I will try to post at least once a week.

Please feel free to send any questions or topics for discussion.

Look forward to hearing from you!

Rosemary