Back On Track Together

Groups » Back On Track Togeth... » Discussion » Great recipe - flou...

Great recipe - flourless cake...for all of us BOTT

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/10/09 7:39 am
It has been posted all over, but for some of us that still love to eat and the holidays are just close by - this helps me "eat my cake and have been able to mainatain"  When i make mine - it usually end up with 8-9 gr of proteins per muffin, 80-100 cal, 2-3 gr sugar, 5-6 gr carbs, + fiber + some fat.  Great for breakfast.  Just grab 2 muffins.  Yum...

But it is best to calculate your # as you make it. 

I took Shari's banana bread recipe -modified it some - to farther limit carbs and here it goes:

Banana and Pumpkin Bread (muffins - makes 24) low carbs and sugar

1 large bananas, smashed

1 can of pumpkin

0.5-0.75 cup erythritol (or splenda - use a bit more..1cup)

2 large eggs + 1/4 cup egg whites

1.75 cups vanilla protein powder

1 large Tbs of Cocoa (love my cocoa - but optional)

1/3 cup coconut oil (melted) – can use butter or other fat

2 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp baking soda

1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts (I gotta have nuts in mine!)

1/4 cup flax seeds,

½ cup flax meal

1/8 cup pumpkin Torani syrup

1 tsp ginger

1/2 Tbs cinnamon

salt

Mix the sweetener, fat, bananas, pumpkin, syrup and eggs for 3 minutes.  Sift protein powder, baking powder,  baking soda, cinnamon, ginger salt in a separate bowl.  Add flax meal.  Add dry mixture to the wet. Mix well.  Add walnuts and flax seeds.  Make sure it is not too tick.  If it is - add little of milk.

Grease 2 (12 each) muffin pan.  Pour the batter into the muffin pans (2/3- ¾ high)  and bake for 15 min or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

Or use loaves pans 2   4x8" loaf pans instead, filled to about 1/2 each . They're small enough that you get lots of edges and it can cook through and through.  Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
You can dust the top with cinnamon/Splenda before cooking for a nice glossy brown crustiness

Delicious with butter spread, or a little peanut butter.

Banana and Pumpkin Bread – 2 x volume.  Low carbs – very low sugar

2 large bananas, smashed

2 cans of pumpkin

1-1.5 cup erythritol (or splenda)

4 large eggs + ½ cup egg whites (or just use egg whites)

3.5 cups vanilla protein powder

2 large Tbs of Cocoa

2/3 -3/4 cup coconut oil (melted) – can use butter or other fat

4 tsp baking powder

1 tsp baking soda

1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts (I gotta have nuts in mine!)

½ cup flax seeds,

½ cup flax meal

¼ cup pumpkin Torani syrup

1 tsp ginger

1 Tbs cinnamon
salt

Mix the sweetener, fat, bananas, pumpkin, syrup and eggs for 3 minutes.  Sift protein powder, baking powder,  baking soda, cinnamon, ginger salt in a separate bowl.  Add flax meal.  Add dry mixture to the wet. Mix well.  Add walnuts and flax seeds.  Make sure it is not too tick. 

Grease 2 (12 each) muffin pan and 2 loaf pans.  Pour the batter into the muffin pans (2/3- ¾ high)  and bake for 15-20 min or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

I like loaves pans 4x8" loaf pans instead, filled to about 1/2 each . They're small enough that you get lots of edges and it can cook through and through.  Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
You can dust the top with cinnamon/Splenda before cooking for a nice glossy brown crustiness

Delicious with butter spread, or a little peanut butter, or yogurt spread... Or just by itself...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."