SouthWest Ohio Support Group

Groups » SouthWest Ohio Suppo... » Discussion » Scrambled Eggs wit...

Scrambled Eggs with Fresh Herbs

jmille28
on 3/30/10 11:16 pm - Miamisburg, OH
Just a good egg recipe for those who love eggs, are on a soft diet, or don't want to eat meat the week before Easter. 

Makes: 8 main-dish servings

16 lg. eggs
4 Tbsp. margarine or butter
Salt and pepper
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1/4 c. packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped, plus additional for garnish
1/4 c. finely chopped fresh chives, plus additional whole chives for garnish

1.  In a 12 inch skillet, combine beaten eggs, margarine, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspon freshly ground black pepper.  turn heat to medium-low. With wire whisk, gently and constantly whisk 5 to 7 minutes or until soft curds form but eggs are still wet.
2.  Whisk in Dijon mustard, then chopped parsley and chives.   continue whisking 1 to 2 minutes or until eggs are almost set and very creamy.  Immediately remove skillet from heat and spoon eggs into warmed large serving bowl.  Garnish with additional herbs.

Each Serving: about 205 calories 3 g. protein, 2 g carbohydrate, 16 g totalfat (4 g saturated) 425 mg. cholesterol, 285 mg. sodium

For smaller portions just use the idea of adding Dijon mustard and herbs.  Spray a non-stick pan instead of using butter or margarine.  Reduces the fat. 
We must let go of what was if we are going to embrace what is !                                
(deactivated member)
on 4/22/10 12:27 am
I totally lived off of Eggs the first few weeks.... it wa**** or miss sometimes due to the consistancy, but I'm so glad I like eggs.