Eastern Ontario, Canada

Groups » Eastern Ontario, Can... » Discussion » Waiting for surgery...

Waiting for surgery date.

Emma0715
on 4/5/12 12:55 pm
 Hey I live just outside of toronto. I am waiting for surgery

I just got called for another meeting with the psychiatrist
I was supposed to meet him last time but got his student who was really mean.
I new to this site so I dont know how all this works.
Monique M.
on 4/6/12 1:23 pm - Canada
RNY on 05/25/12
 Hi Emma,

pretty knew a well to the site - just naviguating around myself - the waiting game is the worst - I have been cleared for the operation but waiting for my final pre-op meeting before meeting with the surgeeon - If the phone could only ring!

That sounds horrible that you meet the student and that was mean - they probably aren't in the right job if they can't cope with people like us that need help with our weight loss journey!

Emma0715
on 4/7/12 12:56 am
 Yeah everyone said the hardest thing will be the optifast well I tasted it and I had no problem with it the hardest part for me is waiting for my surgeon date then it will be more official for me. I had a dream the night I got the call the see the psychiatrist again. In the dream the psychiatrist told me I was not accepted because I was not mentally ready. But I think I am. I have a learning disability so it takes me longer to learn things but when I do it sticks so I have had to do extra work to learn and follow everything they want and I just hope he sees that.
Monique M.
on 4/8/12 5:45 am - Canada
RNY on 05/25/12
 Hi Emma,

I agree Optifast doesn't taste bad.  I really enjoy the chocolate one - I was on it last year for 3 months and I had no problem with.

I'm sure you will be fine to get the operation, it's just your mind playing tricks on you

Emma0715
on 4/8/12 5:56 am
 3 months? Why so long? Was this before surgery or after? I think I am ready. I have ready everything  I think you might be right with the whole tricking thing. I never really like psychiatrists because they have lied to me so much. I just hope the doctor is the real one this time not the student. Should have been him in the first place they made the time for me. I was sent home with some samples of the optifast chocolate which was my favorite too. And a sample if the isoflex protein stuff.