East Texas Community

Recent Posts

Twennyoh
on 5/23/12 1:00 pm - TX
RNY on 01/15/10 with
Topic: RE: Saying hello
D.S, I am right outside of Tyler in Whitehouse, So far I have not found any groups in Tyler ... Still looking and I am over 2 years out, I heard one of the WLS in Tyler has one but never been to it.. I think you have to be one of his clients.
Thanks I am well and I hope you are too. feel free to add me if you would like?

Iris D.S
on 5/22/12 5:00 pm - Jacksonville , TX
Hi, Lisa, not sure where in East Tex you are but im by tyler. do you know of any groups that meet in the tyler area?  hope you are well!
Twennyoh
on 4/9/11 1:16 pm, edited 4/9/11 1:16 pm - TX
RNY on 01/15/10 with
Always believe you can achieve your goal and have a good support system in place is number one for me.... Stick to the rules think before your eat ... is this food healthy? I always no that no one is perfect....... I am over a year out from my RnY and you find yourself being able to eat more then you did at 6-6 months out so I still use portion control and yes I still use my protein shakes in the morning..... I know some Dr's say... no more shakes but if I dont I do not get enough protein or calories... I am lucky my Dr says more power to the protein...

and my favorite quote

Food never tasted as good as thin and healthy feels!

Hope this helps..... Have a great weekend.

Twennyoh
on 4/9/11 12:53 pm - TX
RNY on 01/15/10 with
Topic: RE: Favorite Place to go out to eat and workout
As for working out I have gone through many places in Tyler and whitehouse and I have finally found a place that I feel good about going too, Anytime Fitness is where I go, it is 24-7 and I feel safe and I never have to worry about feeling self conscious...... Hmmm places to eat well I like to go to many but I always ask is they have a half portion or can I order from the kids menu.... most places are happy to do that..... I also eat appetizers for a meal.... as long as they are on my meal plan..... chilli's has a half meal that is perfect soup or salad with a half sandwich. Good luck on your continued journey.

Take care, Lisa

DRBaker
on 4/9/11 11:21 am
 Welcome Lisa! Congratulations on your weight loss success! Any tips for those of us that are still on the road to our goal?
DRBaker
on 4/9/11 11:20 am
Topic: Favorite Place to go out to eat and workout
 Hey everyone! Thought we could share some information with each other. Have you found a place that you love to eat because the portion size is great for our new stomach sizes or that has a really healthy taste menu item? Also, what is your favorite place to exercise? I am still not real comfortable just going into a gym because I spend the entire time comparing myself to others (a really bad habit), so have any of you found a place that is a great to exercise? Also, does anyone have a great recipe they would like to share? 

Hope you all are having a great weekend and enjoying the beauty of East Texas in the spring (which is only hindered by the accompanying allergies). 
Twennyoh
on 2/12/11 3:26 am, edited 2/12/11 3:27 am - TX
RNY on 01/15/10 with
Topic: Saying hello
Hello all, I was very glad to find a group in the East Texas area, I am just outside of Tyler and always looking for other O.H. friends.
Have a great weekend.

Lisa