Dr. Kerlakian's Group

Surgery

deannadm37
on 1/11/10 10:29 am - cincinnati, OH
I go tomorrow for my last nutrition session with maria. The last few weeks I have felt like... a junkie getting ready to start rehab. Holidays have been horrible.. I need this surgery...i want this surgery and all i can think about is what i wont be able to eat once i have this surgery. The pop i have been trying to ween myself off...i am drinking like crazy!!! Aughhhh...It's like I have to have that last hit of pop...like I said a junkie off to rehab!!!   Well here is to starting over and hopefully surgery will be scheduled soon.

Deanna    
Mandi_B
on 1/12/10 4:32 am
I know exactly what you mean.  I was making and eating my favorite meals.  I did a last super and I did a last hoorah with my friends.  We went to dinner, then drank the night away.  I know you are stressing about it, but after the surgery I didn't even think about it much.  I did breakdown in a grocery store one day just so frustrated that I couldn't have hardly anything and that grocery store had now become a long drawn out process instead of I'll just run in and grab a few things.  Do you have a surgery date?
deannadm37
on 1/12/10 5:10 am - cincinnati, OH
No surgery date yet. They will be sending for insurance auth next week. Hopefully soon. But I have waited this long. I can wait a few more weeks. Thank you for the words of encouragement. I needed that.

Deanna    
Mandi_B
on 1/12/10 5:24 am
It's my pleasure!  I even freaked out the night before and said I can't do this.  My husband looked at me and calmly asked, what was more important, my life or food.  That definately hit home.  Now, I choose to eat to live, not live to eat.

Panther45011
on 1/14/10 7:05 pm - OH

Good Luck on your journey.  You'll be on a diet prior to your surgery.  I was a pop junkie myself but I was able to get past that.  After surgery you'll find that alot of your cravings and tastes will change.  Use this as a tool for the future because you will return to normal in time.  I have had one sip of pop since I've had my surgery and found it to be too sweet. 

deannadm37
on 3/14/10 12:27 pm - cincinnati, OH
Surgery is scheduled for April 12th!!! Yeah cant wait to start my journey to a healthier life. BTW I have offically stopped drinking pop. Been clean for over two weeks now. LOL The headaches only lasted a week. I dont even crave it any more.  Thank you Dr. Kerlakian and your staff. You all are wonderful and very helpful.

Deanna