Central Florida's Loser's on the Winning End!

Recent Posts

Donna R.
on 8/21/11 10:17 am - Ocala, FL
Topic: Support Group
Hi All,

I attended the Ocala support group meeting on Thursday.  There were approx. 25 people in attendance including our OH Group Leader ToriRaye aka Vicki.  I am sorry that I didn't get a chance to meet Vicki personally, but we plan on intoducing ourselves next meeting.

Our meeting consisted of "Losers" in all stages and types of surgeries.  There were people that had RNY, Lap Band and Sleeves.  There were a few people that hadn't had surgery yet and a newbies that just had surgery this month and even one women that had surgery over 4 yrs ago.

Jennifer the Dietician facilitated the meeting while Kelli the Bariatric Coordinator was recovering from her recent surgery.  There was a lot of good information given out and alot of good questions being asked.

Hopefully everyone here will be able to attend next months meeting on September 15th at 6:00 at West Marion Hospital.

See you there.

Donna
Donna "Embrace the Journey"
AUGUST 18, 2010 "The First Day of the Rest (BEST) of my Life"

HW/SW/CW/GW  -  380/362/178/1??
Paige V.
on 8/16/11 8:52 am - Gainesville, FL
Topic: RE: finally..
odalys did not send it off...but the surgeon in St Aug did, so I am going w/ them...
Paige V.
on 8/16/11 8:51 am - Gainesville, FL
I did!! Less thana week!
ToniLee
on 8/15/11 10:52 pm, edited 8/15/11 10:52 pm
Well???  Did you get approved??  I remember seeing your profile but didnt see anything after the paperwork was sent!!  Good Luck, Toni

HW 271/SW 255 RNY Jan.21 08 RNY Revision July 25th 2013
Plastics done 4/21/10 (Dr. Sauceda)
Extended TT, Full Arm lift, BL/BA, Long Thigh lift

ToniLee
on 8/15/11 10:46 pm
Topic: RE: Where to eat????
We don't even try for smaller portions at most places.  My hubby and daughter have both had surgery also so between the 3 of us we can usually agree on something to share.  We just bring home the leftovers and eat on them a few days. I loved when Chilis had their small portion entrees several months ago.  We love wings and Gators Dockside has a 5 wing special (grilled) that is always good.

HW 271/SW 255 RNY Jan.21 08 RNY Revision July 25th 2013
Plastics done 4/21/10 (Dr. Sauceda)
Extended TT, Full Arm lift, BL/BA, Long Thigh lift

ToriRaye
on 7/30/11 8:31 am - FL
Topic: Where to eat????
 I went to The Villages this morning for breakfast at the Golden Coral... UNTIL... they refused a kids portion for a gastric bypass patient.  I ended up walking out because I felt the woman was so rude about it.  I called back to talk to the manager and he said the owner doesn't support gastric bypass patients and their "smaller portions".   I told him to let his owner know that he just lost two customers - permanently - due to his lack of understanding.  I honestly doubt that will make a big difference to them, but I got to thinking about it and found it upsetting.  That was the first place I have been that refused a smaller portion even with the card.  

Where have you been to eat out at a restaurant where were you allowed to use the smaller portions - OR - are there any places *****fused you as I was refused today?

I ended up taking my money to IHOP which quickly allowed me to use the Senior or Kids portion for my choices.  Turned out, I couldn't eat much at all this morning - only about 1 oz of food and I was hurting.  I would have been so upset to spend over 9 bucks at GC and eat so little.  I spent 4.99 at IHOP and was very pleased (and got to bring home leftovers of over half my portion).

So what are your experiences?

Don't focus on where you are - Focus on where you want to be!
(deactivated member)
on 7/3/11 9:25 am - Winter Park, FL
ToriRaye
on 6/30/11 10:35 am - FL
Topic: Head's Up - Re: contacting Dr Office
 I wanted to share some information I received today after many failed attempts of reaching Dr. Jawad's office to reschecule an appointment this week and last.

I finally contacted them via the "contact us" on their website and did receive a reply from Sandra.  They have recently merged with Orlando Health and have been in the process of setting up their phone systems.  

Good news - the systems should be up Friday.  I didn't want anyone else to stress the way I did from not being able to reach our doctor's office if we needed him or his staff.

Thanks,

(deactivated member)
on 6/26/11 12:45 pm - Winter Park, FL
Topic: RE: Thanks
Welcome home and congrats!
ToriRaye
on 6/22/11 9:47 am - FL
 Yeah, it isn't too long from this point.  I wish you all the luck in the world.  :)  I am pulling for you to get a quick approval!!

ToriRaye
Group Leader

Mandi E.
Group Administrator