Central Florida's Loser's on the Winning End!

Recent Posts

LolitaKandy
on 8/26/12 11:17 am - FL
Topic: Anybody here?
Anybody use this site? I am lookin for a buddy online to talk about possible VSG.
ToriRaye
on 2/25/12 11:43 pm - FL
Topic: RE: Check in for 2012
 Great idea to touch base.  Things have been pretty busy with me on this end of things, which is why I haven't been posting much.  I hope that changes soon.  The good news is my emotions seem to be pretty much back to workable.  I went on a bit of an emotional roller coaster for a while, but it has leveled out a bit.  I have lost a total of 100 pounds and I have officially met the goal I set for myself of 145.  I have pretty much hit a stall as of the last month, but I am planning on working out and kicking that back in gear some.  I went in the pool once last week and once this week and I worked out in there - man was that interesting.  You know, if you don't use those muscles you lose them... and I knew that... but well.... I have some "building" to do.  I would love to hear from everyone on here as to how you are doing.  Deeberri has started the chat so let's hear from the rest of you.  It is great for those who are starting out to hear the success stories, and to be honest, sometimes those of us who have gone through it for a bit can use the inspiration.  I think of you all often even though I don't post often.  I do read the updates and posts from those who are "friends" and I promise I am pulling for each of you for successful weight loss and a happy, healthy life.  I know for me, I can't get over how much better I feel, and I know I can get the job I want now without the "looks" of "she's a great candidate, but..."

And on another note, is there anything you would like to see or have available for this website?  I am open to suggestions.... just let me know.

Thanks,
Vicki

Don't focus on where you are - Focus on where you want to be!
(deactivated member)
on 1/15/12 5:50 am - Winter Park, FL
Topic: Check in for 2012
Hey everyone! Its been a while since I've popped in this group even though I do check the board every few days. How is everyone doing? Its a new years and with a new year comes new opportunities to continue making positive and healthy choices! I wish everyone blessings on their journey and am proud of our accomplishments both pre and post op. The very fact that we are on this site is a testimony that we want to change and I'm so thankful for the support here.  *hugs* ~Ms. Dee
waitingtoexhale2
on 10/18/11 1:14 pm
Topic: RE: APPROVED AND SCHEDULED!!
Wishing you the best.  I will be in Orlando too just a few days behind you.

Waitingtoexhale2

The race is not given to the swift or the strong, but to the one that endures to the end.

HW 357
Pre-Op Weight 343
Weight several hours after surgery 339

(deactivated member)
on 10/9/11 11:20 pm
Topic: APPROVED AND SCHEDULED!!
My date is Nov. 3rd in Orlando. Pre-op will be in Orlando also on Oct. 28th. :) Say a prayer for me if you have a second.
waitingtoexhale2
on 10/2/11 11:58 am
Topic: status of weight loss thus far
Hello all,

Just wondering what has been your weight loss w/in the first 90.  I have my surgery on 10/19.  There has been a lot of discussion on other forums about sleeve size.  Since Dr' J indicated that he only uses a size 44 FB, do you find that you have good restriction?  Lots of others gasp at the use of that size as many other Dr's use ranges from 32-36.

Waitingtoexhale2

The race is not given to the swift or the strong, but to the one that endures to the end.

HW 357
Pre-Op Weight 343
Weight several hours after surgery 339

Paige V.
on 9/30/11 12:17 pm - Gainesville, FL
Topic: RE: Where to eat????
today was my first day eating out and I just got an ala carte crab cake lol. One little crab cake and I couldnt even eat it all. Amazing

visit my blog at www.thenursemommy.com!
start weight-288 pre-op -5lbs month 1-23lbs month2-14lbs month 3-minus 13lbs month4-minus 12lbs month5-13lbs month 6-8lbs   GOAL-21months out after having a post-WLS baby!

Paige V.
on 9/30/11 12:14 pm - Gainesville, FL
Topic: RE: Interested in a group trip?
did anything ever happen with this? I am sleeved and would love to go now lol!! 

visit my blog at www.thenursemommy.com!
start weight-288 pre-op -5lbs month 1-23lbs month2-14lbs month 3-minus 13lbs month4-minus 12lbs month5-13lbs month 6-8lbs   GOAL-21months out after having a post-WLS baby!

Donna R.
on 8/23/11 11:01 am - Ocala, FL
Topic: RE: Support Group
I hope you can make it to the next meeting.  I would love to meet you. You were one of the first contacts that I had after my surgery.

I really don't know too much about the Orlando meeting but I am presuming that they will get bigger and bigger now that Dr. Jawad is doing more surgeries in Orlando than in Ocala.  Try attending down there and report back to us and let us know.

Hope to see you in September.

Donna
Donna "Embrace the Journey"
AUGUST 18, 2010 "The First Day of the Rest (BEST) of my Life"

HW/SW/CW/GW  -  380/362/178/1??
ToniLee
on 8/22/11 9:27 pm
Topic: RE: Support Group
Thanks for the info, I was going to try to make it but I worked that day later than I was supposed to, Ocala is a long trip.  I think I'll go ahead and put in for that day off so I can get there!!!  I was thinking the Orlando meeting doesn't have many people these days am I correct???

HW 271/SW 255 RNY Jan.21 08 RNY Revision July 25th 2013
Plastics done 4/21/10 (Dr. Sauceda)
Extended TT, Full Arm lift, BL/BA, Long Thigh lift

ToriRaye
Group Leader

Mandi E.
Group Administrator