Central Florida's Loser's on the Winning End!

Support Group

Donna R.
on 8/21/11 10:17 am - Ocala, FL
Hi All,

I attended the Ocala support group meeting on Thursday.  There were approx. 25 people in attendance including our OH Group Leader ToriRaye aka Vicki.  I am sorry that I didn't get a chance to meet Vicki personally, but we plan on intoducing ourselves next meeting.

Our meeting consisted of "Losers" in all stages and types of surgeries.  There were people that had RNY, Lap Band and Sleeves.  There were a few people that hadn't had surgery yet and a newbies that just had surgery this month and even one women that had surgery over 4 yrs ago.

Jennifer the Dietician facilitated the meeting while Kelli the Bariatric Coordinator was recovering from her recent surgery.  There was a lot of good information given out and alot of good questions being asked.

Hopefully everyone here will be able to attend next months meeting on September 15th at 6:00 at West Marion Hospital.

See you there.

Donna
Donna "Embrace the Journey"
AUGUST 18, 2010 "The First Day of the Rest (BEST) of my Life"

HW/SW/CW/GW  -  380/362/178/1??
ToniLee
on 8/22/11 9:27 pm
Thanks for the info, I was going to try to make it but I worked that day later than I was supposed to, Ocala is a long trip.  I think I'll go ahead and put in for that day off so I can get there!!!  I was thinking the Orlando meeting doesn't have many people these days am I correct???

HW 271/SW 255 RNY Jan.21 08 RNY Revision July 25th 2013
Plastics done 4/21/10 (Dr. Sauceda)
Extended TT, Full Arm lift, BL/BA, Long Thigh lift

Donna R.
on 8/23/11 11:01 am - Ocala, FL
I hope you can make it to the next meeting.  I would love to meet you. You were one of the first contacts that I had after my surgery.

I really don't know too much about the Orlando meeting but I am presuming that they will get bigger and bigger now that Dr. Jawad is doing more surgeries in Orlando than in Ocala.  Try attending down there and report back to us and let us know.

Hope to see you in September.

Donna
Donna "Embrace the Journey"
AUGUST 18, 2010 "The First Day of the Rest (BEST) of my Life"

HW/SW/CW/GW  -  380/362/178/1??

ToriRaye
Group Leader

Mandi E.
Group Administrator