Central Florida's Loser's on the Winning End!

Where to eat????

ToriRaye
on 7/30/11 8:31 am - FL
 I went to The Villages this morning for breakfast at the Golden Coral... UNTIL... they refused a kids portion for a gastric bypass patient.  I ended up walking out because I felt the woman was so rude about it.  I called back to talk to the manager and he said the owner doesn't support gastric bypass patients and their "smaller portions".   I told him to let his owner know that he just lost two customers - permanently - due to his lack of understanding.  I honestly doubt that will make a big difference to them, but I got to thinking about it and found it upsetting.  That was the first place I have been that refused a smaller portion even with the card.  

Where have you been to eat out at a restaurant where were you allowed to use the smaller portions - OR - are there any places *****fused you as I was refused today?

I ended up taking my money to IHOP which quickly allowed me to use the Senior or Kids portion for my choices.  Turned out, I couldn't eat much at all this morning - only about 1 oz of food and I was hurting.  I would have been so upset to spend over 9 bucks at GC and eat so little.  I spent 4.99 at IHOP and was very pleased (and got to bring home leftovers of over half my portion).

So what are your experiences?

Don't focus on where you are - Focus on where you want to be!
ToniLee
on 8/15/11 10:46 pm
We don't even try for smaller portions at most places.  My hubby and daughter have both had surgery also so between the 3 of us we can usually agree on something to share.  We just bring home the leftovers and eat on them a few days. I loved when Chilis had their small portion entrees several months ago.  We love wings and Gators Dockside has a 5 wing special (grilled) that is always good.

HW 271/SW 255 RNY Jan.21 08 RNY Revision July 25th 2013
Plastics done 4/21/10 (Dr. Sauceda)
Extended TT, Full Arm lift, BL/BA, Long Thigh lift

Paige V.
on 9/30/11 12:17 pm - Gainesville, FL
today was my first day eating out and I just got an ala carte crab cake lol. One little crab cake and I couldnt even eat it all. Amazing

visit my blog at www.thenursemommy.com!
start weight-288 pre-op -5lbs month 1-23lbs month2-14lbs month 3-minus 13lbs month4-minus 12lbs month5-13lbs month 6-8lbs   GOAL-21months out after having a post-WLS baby!

ToriRaye
Group Leader

Mandi E.
Group Administrator