Central Florida's Loser's on the Winning End!

Groups » Central Florida's Lo... » Discussion » Interested in a gro...

Interested in a group trip?

ToriRaye
on 6/18/11 1:28 am - FL
 I recently got a few quotes for a trip in August 2011 for St. Augustine area... would any of you be interested in making it a group trip?

The dates requested were 8/19 arrival, stay the 20th and check out on the 21st.  It is a two night trip and I figured we could plan on getting together for a dinner one night, maybe some events (I'm thinking maybe a short one and possibly a group outing or something) and the rest of the time could be yours to enjoy the area.  

The quotes I have seen so far are around $75-90/night.  I believe the $90 range one was across from beach.  There is another one that is directly on the beach but it is $189/night and I didn't think that would be something that would generate a whole lot of interest based on the price alone.  

What I am thinking is a thought of about $300 for the weekend and that should be considered a rough estimate, figuring in a hotel price of about 89/night for two nights and tax should be around $210, plus an event where we can all do something fun together (and yes I would absolutely take any suggestions).  One meal together for you and your spouse/friend - maybe around $30 (not including drinks).  The remaining meals and expenses would be on you... just trying to get an idea of interest here and see if this is something any of you are interested in.

Also, if the dates won't work for you - let me know that too.  Other areas of interest too...

Thanks,
TR

Don't focus on where you are - Focus on where you want to be!
Paige V.
on 6/20/11 10:55 am - Gainesville, FL
August is a crap month for me. I am hoping to get sleeved then, plus we move at the beginning of the month, plus its my hubbys, sons, and my bday and we are going to Cocokey in Orlando the weekend of the 12th....

so as for me, August is a bust. Sept would be much better =)
ToriRaye
on 6/20/11 11:44 am - FL
 Great - thank you for letting me know August isn't good for you... I will see what I can do based on others that reply.  :)

I hope your sleve happens when you want it to - I know it is an exciting time.  :)

Thanks for replying to my question.

Don't focus on where you are - Focus on where you want to be!
(deactivated member)
on 6/21/11 11:42 am - Winter Park, FL
Im definitly open! Anytime works for me,... right now I have no current trips planned for August or Sept
Paige V.
on 9/30/11 12:14 pm - Gainesville, FL
did anything ever happen with this? I am sleeved and would love to go now lol!! 

visit my blog at www.thenursemommy.com!
start weight-288 pre-op -5lbs month 1-23lbs month2-14lbs month 3-minus 13lbs month4-minus 12lbs month5-13lbs month 6-8lbs   GOAL-21months out after having a post-WLS baby!

ToriRaye
Group Leader

Mandi E.
Group Administrator