Calgarian Chica's

Hello Ladies

sheilapinkney
on 1/27/11 2:37 am - Calgary, Canada

I am very new to this group.  So I am not sure where everyone is at in their weight loss journey.  I have not been through surgery yet.  I am in the process of getting there though. 

As I said in a previous response to a post, my name is Sheila and I live in Beddington Heights here in Calgary.  I am in the program to have a Vertical Gastric Sleeve with Dr. Lawrence Farries in Red Deer hopefull someing in the next few months.  I still have my pysch eval to go through, and I am not sure if I have a nutritionist I have to go through, I am asking that question at my next appointment on Feb 8th. 

I also belong to a support group called Vertical Sleeve Talk.  Most of the members are in the USA, but they have tons of information regarding this particular surgery.  I have learned so much by reading their post. 

I saw on discussion where you were setting up a get together.  Did that ever happen?  I would love to attend one. 

I hope to hear from  you soon.

Good luck in each of your journeys.

Sheila

Surgery: July 27  Surgery Weight: 245   Current Weight: 137 Total weight lost: 1112lbs
   AT GOAL!  WOOHOO!!!    

ShortyPants
on 1/30/11 4:36 am
Congrats Sheila!
That's great to hear with Dr Farries :)
Nothing happened yet, but I think timing of trying to meet right before Christmas was kind of silly on my part :)
sheilapinkney
on 1/30/11 4:52 am - Calgary, Canada
Thanks.  I am very excited to be in the process of starting my new healthier life.

When you know about the GTG, let me know.  I would love to be a part of it.  Maybe we could all bring a favorite low fat/low carb recipe to exchage with everyone.

Thanks for welcoming me.

Sheila

Surgery: July 27  Surgery Weight: 245   Current Weight: 137 Total weight lost: 1112lbs
   AT GOAL!  WOOHOO!!!    

ShortyPants
on 1/30/11 5:14 am
Super excited for you!
I had surgery in the US on the 19th, so I won't be doing any eatting yet, but I've got some killer protein shake recipes and smoothie recipes :)
I have all kinds of wild ideas, though.
Like starting a ladies rec volleyball team when we all get well on our journeys?
Or dodgeball? OooOoOOooo!
natty2012
on 11/30/12 12:43 pm - strathmore, Canada

i'm new to this group as well, and live just outside of calgary. 

i'm just beginning my research stage and would like any and all information into weight loss surgery.

specifically, surgery that is covered by alberta health care and i do not have to pay for privately. 

i can not afford $16,000 for a skinny bum !

looking forward to hearing from all of you

natalie

sheilapinkney
on 1/30/11 5:42 am - Calgary, Canada
You do have some wild ideas.  What sort of after surgery diet do you have to adhere to?  Is it hard to follow?  I hear it is hard to get your water in as well as your protein.  How do you accomplish this?

I am super excited as well.  Just ready to get the surgery part over with.  I am a little bit impatient at the moment.

Sheila

AT GOAL!  WOOHOO!!!