Canton Ohio WLS Support Group

Recent Posts

Terrib
on 9/18/08 3:29 am - Clayton, NC
Topic: Welcome new members!
Catmousesharinggroup.gif image by 07aseret
I want to extend a warm welcome to our newest members who joined our support group meeting September 17, 2008:

Carmella Johnson
Tressie Choate
Pam Kirkpatrick

Carmella had her RNY surgery August 13, 2008, Tressie Choate had her RNY surgery August 18, 2008. 
219a306e0de9c050eacf9a12af0751ec.gif image by 07aseret

Pam is in the insurance phase of WLS for either Lap Band or RNY.  If can help in any way, please be sure and let me know.  MJZ622.gif image by 07aseret

Terri
ObesityHelp Support Group Leader
www.wlsterrib.com

Cindyc59
on 9/18/08 2:32 am
Topic: RE: Thank You N. Canton Group
So glad to have meet you.  Really enjoyed talking to you and getting to know you a liitle bit.   Hope to see you next month.
Cindyc59
on 9/18/08 2:30 am
Topic: RE: Alicia.....
Yes you were missed. You always have good input. Sorry you are sick . Hope to see you next month.
Terrib
on 9/17/08 9:29 pm, edited 9/18/08 2:56 am - Clayton, NC
Topic: Attending Support Group Meetings...
As a reminder to all of our group members, regular attendance at support group meetings plays a large part in the success from weight loss surgery. By sharing our experiences, feelings of being pre-operative, successes and challenges of the post-operative journey bond members in a way unlike other types of support groups.

As a support group leader I care about each and every one of you. Whether you haven been a member from the very first meeting or it is your first meeting, “YOU” belong and have a special place in the group. When you stop attending the meetings, you are missed as a valued member of the group.

We all have very busy schedules, however it is very important to take time for you.....after all, YOU ARE WORTH IT! 

Terri
www.wlsterrib.com

Terrib
on 9/17/08 9:24 pm - Clayton, NC
Topic: Alicia.....
08.gif picture by 07aseret 
Although I am quite sure you did not intend on spending your special day in the hospital!  I do hope that you got the all clear from gastro and the dumping has subsided.  Oh, did I ask you what flavor of ice cream you tried???  Oh, you did mention the brownie and chocolate syrup.....

We all missed you at the meeting last night (Sept. 17, 2008) and we all hope that you are doing much better.  Hope to see you next month! 

I have your century card all ready to go girl!  Congrats on 100+ lost!

text_205.gif image by 07aseret
Terri

Terri
www.wlsterrib.com

Terrib
on 9/17/08 9:13 pm - Clayton, NC
Topic: RE: Thank You N. Canton Group
goofydawgzwtg-vi.gif picture by 07aseret
It was my pleasure having the opportunity to meet you and to welcome you into our support group "family".

Congrats on your recent WLS and remember, if I can be of any help, you just let me know!

See you next month!

MOVINGREDDREAM7.gif picture by 07aseret
Terri

Terri
www.wlsterrib.com

(deactivated member)
on 9/17/08 12:51 pm - OH
Topic: Thank You N. Canton Group
Thank you for you great welcome N.Canton Support group. I really enjoyed myself and can't wait for next month.
Terrib
on 9/14/08 9:51 pm - Clayton, NC
Topic: Hard drive crashed!
The recent damaging storm winds Sunday evening (9/14/08) resulted in multiple power glitches.  After numerous attempts to restart my computer.....am horrified to find my hard drive crashed.

I have lost everything!  Medical information, banking info, addresses, important dates, calendar, my support group information, flyers, business cards, you name it......everything! 

I ask patience for it will take time to rebuild the support group information.  I can access my email via the web with my husband's laptop. 

Please call or email me with your information, address, phone, email address(s), surgery type & date.  [email protected]    330-497-1467

I realize there are things in peoples lives which far surpass my problem, however devastating none the less.

Terri
www.wlsterrib.com

Terrib
on 9/8/08 9:02 pm, edited 9/8/08 9:05 pm - Clayton, NC
Topic: A Special Thanks......
I spent half a day at the Health Fair held Sept. 6th and wanted to extend my special thanks to Alicia, Andrea and Terry Moore who stopped by to say hello! 

Alicia, as always I love seeing you and your friend and just think, the next time I see you, you will be a year older and maybe you will have reached that 100# goal!  You can do it hon!

Andrea, was so good to see you again and congrats on your new job!  Cannot wait until you are able to come back to the meetings.

Terry, I was sorry to learn you have an ulcer, but I am so proud of you and your weight loss to date.  You look great!  Was a pleasure to also have the opportunity to meet your wife.

All in all, I had a great time at the Health Fair, met some lovely people, Tracy and Dee whom had surgery in Akron and attend the Akron Support Group.  I invited them to come visit us if they ever have the opportunity.

I will be contacting personal trainers so they can come and speak to us for anyone whom may be interested.  I also had the pleasure of learning about a new form of liposuction less invassive for the trouble areas like the flabby arms. buttocks, tummy & neck area and hopefully can confirm a date with the surgeon to also speak to the group.

Again, thanks to everyone!

Terri
www.wlsterrib.com

Terrib
on 9/2/08 10:15 pm, edited 9/24/08 9:51 pm - Clayton, NC
Topic: September 6th-It's All Happening at......
The Vitamin Shoppe located at  4333 Everhard Rd NW, Canton - Belden Village is having a Health Fair from 11 am - 3 pm on September 6th, 2008.

I will be there to answer any questions about our Canton WLS Support Group ,  WLS, and St. Vincent Charity Hospital - (COE) Cleveland Center for Bariatric Surgery!  

Attending as well will be spinal screenings from Dr. Brandon Blood, Namaste Yoga Center, Impluse Personal Training, Ohio Laser and Wellness - Laser Lipsuction, Labrada samples, Applied Nutriceutical product giveaway, A devine Touch massage, Aultman Hospital - prediabetic screening, Ladies superfitness, Build a Body Personal Training , Anytime Fitness, Bruce Fogel Lnt - massage, adoption information  and much more!

Come in and join us.......All Free! 

Hope to see you there...

Terri
www.wlsterrib.com