Canton Ohio WLS Support Group

**Hi Everyone!**

wildgoldcougar
on 3/21/10 1:33 pm - Akron, OH
Hi Everyone,
    I am Lisa and I had a RNY procedure done on February 2nd.  I haven't posted much because I just haven't felt really like myself.  However, I am starting to feel more social and ready to chat about these huge changes in my life.  
     I am losing weight since surgery, but it's slow ~ only about 3 lbs a week.  Is that normal?  Has anyone experienced this only 6 weeks out from surgery?  I lost about 18 lbs pre-op, and about 23 lbs post-op.  I didn't concentrate on getting the amount of protein I was told to get (65-75gm daily****il I was past a month post-op.  Although I'm doing really good now with it (even if some of doesn't taste so good).  
     I also didn't think about exercise over the last 6 weeks while I was recovering, but I am getting ready to start a plan this week.  I have the big bouncy ball (I think I'm supposed to sit on) and a stationary bike.  I like to walk with friends, but I walk a lot at work so I wanted to change up the exercise a bit.  I was curious about that Jenny McCarthy Web Cam exercise program that scans your body and how you move to make sure you are moving right....Does anyone have this to give me some feedback?  
     Oh, and by the way, I work third shift so my responses and posts may be at odd times.  I hope that is okay with everyone, and thanks for reading!! 
~Lisa.

LisaBee1964
on 5/7/11 12:41 pm - OH
hi, my name is lisa too, from the akron area. had roux n y on march 29...looking forward to getting to know you
  I am lovin' life!         
Terrib
on 3/28/10 12:22 am - Clayton, NC
Hi Lisa!

So good to see your post.  Please forgive me in not responding sooner.  I have been coordinating the April support group meeting hosting the world renown plastic surgeon Dr. Hurwitz.

As far as the weight loss all of us lose differently.  Some may lose quite a bit, while others lose much slower.  We never should compare ourselves to others.  It is very important to get in your protein and I am pleased to see that you are doing better.  Also try and make sure that you obtain most of your protein through food and not just supplements.

Exercise of course is very important.  I am not familiar with the Jenny McCarthy Web Cam Program, however my opinion is, if it works for you, GO FOR IT! 

I wish you the best of luck and if you have any questions or concerns, give me a shout!

Terri

Terri
ObesityHelp Support Group Leader
www.wlsterrib.com