Canton Ohio WLS Support Group

Groups » Canton Ohio WLS Supp... » Discussion » Another wonderful m...

Another wonderful meeting!!!!

Terrib
on 5/23/08 11:00 pm, edited 5/23/08 11:07 pm - Clayton, NC

May's meeting rocked!   For those who were unable to attend, we certainly missed you.    I was thinking that actually our group is getting smaller..by the pound and by the inch!!!                       woohoo-2.gif picture by 07aseret

I would like to welcome our newest members,

Cris Vaughn Brenda Wise Theresa Fontes  Cindy Cugini - (Surgery date June 12th, 2008- CONGRATS!) Alice Kay Turner

birdmouselovenewmembers.gif picture by 07aseret I personally enjoyed meeting all the new members, hearing about their trials and tribulations and getting to know everyone.  We discussed the "Get Back on Track" program available at St. Vincent Charity Hospital ( Cleveland Center for Bariatric Surgery) conducted by Peter Valencic, their dietitian.  Also if you are interested, on a separate message posted, you can view the information we covered regarding Weight Regain Two Or More Years After WLS.

As a reminder to all of our group members, regular attendance at support group meetings plays a large part in the success from weight loss surgery.  By sharing our experiences, feelings of being pre-operative, successes and challenges of the post-operative journey bond members in a way unlike other types of support groups.

As a support group leader I care about each and every one of you.  Whether you haven been a member from the very first meeting or it is your first meeting, “YOU” belong and have a special place in the group.  When you stop attending the meetings, you are missed as a valued member of the group.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the June meeting on the 18th!   We have a special guest speaker planned for June so try and mark your calendars!

Terri
ObesityHelp Support Group Leader
www.wlsterrib.com