Capital District of NY (AMCH)

Introduce Yourself

debbie13
on 5/5/12 4:22 am - Cossayuna, NY
 I am Deb, the leader of this group. I had gastric bypass (RNY) on March 30, 2012. I have had some major regain - mostly due to what it on the end of my fork. Working on that.  

"The road to health will have speed bumps, pot holes, stop signs and asshole drivers that cut you off... but with WLS, never doubt that you will get there."

Resolve never to quit, never to give up, no matter what the situation.--- Jack Nicklaus

gimpykatk
on 5/5/12 10:16 am - Cohoes, NY
Hi Deb...

You know me but for the sake of intro's here's mine...

My name is Kathy. I had RNY gastric bypass on 11/5/2008, on my 46 birthday. I was at my highest weight over 523lbs and at my lowest after surgery I was 179. I am currently fluxuating between 210 and 220 on any given day.

I recently had double knee replacement so have not exercised much in almost a year. I am about to change that and hopefully get some of these extra pounds off again.

I am a full time student in college (I know at almost 50 what am I thinking) and the school schedule has not helped my eating much. I rely on grab and go food and snacks little by little throughout the day. I hope over the summer to find a better routine and get it established before school starts up again in Septemer.
debbie13
on 5/6/12 1:57 am - Cossayuna, NY
 Oops, I goofed - according to my post I just had my surgery. Not! If I had I wouldn't be so danged worried about regain, I'd still be honeymooning! My surgery was 2009, I'm just over three years out. 

"The road to health will have speed bumps, pot holes, stop signs and asshole drivers that cut you off... but with WLS, never doubt that you will get there."

Resolve never to quit, never to give up, no matter what the situation.--- Jack Nicklaus

MARK B.
on 5/6/12 7:43 am - INDIANAPOLIS, IN
my name is mark
rny at ellis  in schenectady  ny oct 7 2010
hw 5000+
sw 403
cw 05-06-12 295
feel free to ask anything
HW 497 09/08 / SW 403 10/07/10/ CW 11/11 283
http://facebook.com/MCBUTLER64       /     [email protected]

rose conway
on 6/25/12 4:26 am - NY
VSG on 07/23/12
Hi mark..how are you? Awesome we have the same surgeon how did everything go with your surgery

rose conway
on 6/25/12 4:23 am - NY
VSG on 07/23/12
Hi I'm Rose..I will be having surgery soon still deciding which surgery I want to have..i will be having surgery at Ellis hospital and terrance Clark is my surgeon..I will be getting my surgery date next week after nutrition appointment..so I have to make my decision very soon..what surgery did you all have and how did everything go

CarolF3
on 8/14/12 5:38 pm, edited 8/13/12 10:39 pm - Albany, NY
RNY on 12/17/12
My name is Carol and I live in Albany. I work at Albany Medical Center on our Cardiac floor-night shift.
I have been to talk to our Weightloss surgery Program and am waiting until next year as My husband and I want to move back to our home state of Florida in May 2013 and I don't want to start it up here and then move I want to keep with the same Team. If I were going to stay up here I would already have signed up. My husband and I just cannot deal with the ice and snow every Winter. We miss the heat and our beach walks. Having said that they do have a good team going up here.

I am however getting some things done this year that will help towards it next year. I have signed up for my Colonoscopy, Mammogram, and Pap smear.
I am also doing well with my food and exercise tracking in my home journal and online (sparkpeople).
Sparkpeople had quite a few Spark Team Forums that are Bariatric and Gastric Bypass. Alot of info there and recipes. I have also read quite a few books on it including: "The Expert's Guide To Weightloss Surgery" by Dr. Garth Davis, Bariatric Surgeon and the Medical director of the Davis Clinic at The Methodist Hospital in Houston, Texas. Both he and his father-Dr. Robert Davis, also a Bariatric Surgeon are there at the Davis Clinic. Good book for all before and after surgery.

I am into getting ready for it to make my process a lot easier for me.

Carol

jad1584
on 8/23/12 7:37 pm - NY
Hello. My name is Jen and i am in the process of losing my 10% to get my surgery date. I started at 335lbs and i am currently 321lbs. My next weigh in I should get my date as long as everything goes right.

i have chose not to tell anyone except my immediate family and 2 close friends,  about my decision to have bypass surgery. i do not want any of those comments about death and horror stories about other people they know. I just couldn't deal with it. i will tell other people when my date gets closer.

If i think about getting the surgery to much, I start to feel like a fraud. Thats the best way to describe it. I am 321lbs right now. I feel like there are other people who are heavier than I am and are doing it on their own. This is my 3rd time deciding that i am going to get WLS, I usually feel guilty and decide if other people can do it on their own, so can I. Obviously I can't. The only thing I did on my own was gain 335 lbs. Go me. Anyway, I will try to keep you updated.
jad1584
on 9/4/12 7:18 pm - NY
Hello everyone. So i got my surgery date today. That means i lost 5%, which is 19 lbs. It has been soooooooooooooo hard. All I want is bread. Lots and lots of bread. Anyways, the big day is November 6 2012. I am so excited, but also nervous. I have decided to get the sleeve. I kinda wish the sleeve gave me dumping syndrome like the bypass would. I know it sounds weird, but I need something to deter me from eating pastries and sweets. But on the other hand i'm not so fond of being malnuritished either. However I am still choosing to get the sleeve. I will keep you informed.
shellylori
on 9/2/12 6:11 pm - NY
 Hi,

My name is Shelly. I'm with AMC. Hoping to have RNY. Getting clearances now and trying to lose my initial weight. I'm really looking for improved health and mood. So, I hope this will help me get on my way.