Bay Area Weight Loss Surgery Support

Recent Posts

Katie_C
on 6/25/10 12:11 am - Land O Lakes, FL
Topic: RE: OH Conference Houston
I didn't get a ticket, I would love to go, but I am going away the week of Thanksgiving. The one in Atlanta was great last year. There is one speaker at the Houston event that I would love to hear Dan B (can't remember the spelling of the rest of his name). He now does marathons and triathlons, he is such an inspiration, that would be the reason that I would go... we will see...

I am glad that you have found a job, I have been there also (2005) and it sucks. If you need any wedding planning suggestions let me know, I use to do that for a living...

(deactivated member)
on 6/24/10 10:55 am - Tampa, FL
Topic: RE: OH Conference Houston
Katie; it sounds great, and we have been talking about getting to one of the OH conferences, but I doubt that it will be this year.  Too much going on, me starting a new job after being without one for five months, Kristin in a new job, the two of usgetting married, just too much for us this year.  But if you do go, I'm sure that you will have a great time.
Katie_C
on 6/23/10 3:42 am - Land O Lakes, FL
Topic: OH Conference Houston
I don't know if anyone is thinking about going to any of the OH Conferences this year, but I went to the one in Atlanta, GA last year and it was well worth the 7+ hour drive (and speeding ticket). OK well maybe not the speeding ticket, but it was a great conference. This year there is one in Houston, TX which is far, but for today and tomorrow only Southwest Airlines has a great sale going on where it would cost only about $180 to fly there from Tampa, departing on Thursday, returning Saturday night or Monday morning. It will cost more to return on Sunday. If you were thinking of going now would be a great time to book your ticket.

Go to Southwest.com to check fares...

(deactivated member)
on 6/22/10 6:45 pm - Tampa, FL
Topic: How far can you go?
I know some do and some don't, but I do weigh myself every day.  depending on what I eat or don't eat one day, I can gain or lose 4 or 5 pounds, in one day.  Does anyone else's  weight change that much in just one day?
Katie_C
on 6/21/10 2:30 am - Land O Lakes, FL
Topic: RE: SO Excited!
Sounds good to me... just let me know when you want me to have something ready and I will.

(deactivated member)
on 6/19/10 9:53 pm - Tampa, FL
Katie, I didn't notice that you were a Pampered Chef rep.  This will do great because we want to have WLS friendly cooking as part of our support group meetings. We have a nice kitchen that we can use.  Besides I love Pampered Chef.
(deactivated member)
on 6/17/10 10:07 pm - FL
I think by next week, no later than Wednesday we should have a date for July. I missed the meeting at TGH this past week but our meeting should give ALOT more. Can't wait to meet everyone!
Hugs Kristen
(deactivated member)
on 6/17/10 9:11 am - Tampa, FL
Katie, it's great to see you join our group and, it will be great to see you at our first meeting.  I'll let you know when the first meeting is
trishy
on 6/16/10 1:21 am
I am excited too.  Even though I live in Orlando I will be more than willing to meet up with you fine people.  My surgeon has a support group once a month but I've always felt comfortable getting my support from OH.  Now there's a semi-local group for me to join. :) :)

Revision Band to Sleeve scheduled 10/29

Katie_C
on 6/15/10 11:07 pm - Land O Lakes, FL
Topic: SO Excited!
I am SOOO Excited to see this group... I can't wait to start meeting on a regular basis! I love my support group at TGH, but I think sometimes I wi**** was more...