Bay Area Weight Loss Surgery Support

Recent Posts

(deactivated member)
on 7/9/10 8:32 pm - Tampa, FL
Topic: The power of physical labor
Ok, I will be the first one to admit, I DO NOT WORK OUT, I DO NOT EXERCISE.  So while I have either been unemployed or working in an office the last couple of years I have regained about 60 pounds.   BUT, after taking a warehouse manager job 4 weeks ago, and working my butt off, I have already lost more than 20 pounds.  I am averaging about 5 pounds a week.  So I am finally getting my workout, it's just not at a gym.

Steve
(deactivated member)
on 7/9/10 10:30 am - Tampa, FL
Topic: Support Group Meeting Tomorrwow
I hope to see at least some of y'all at the support group meeting tomorrow. 

Who: Everybody interested in talking about weight loss surgery, and support

What:  Our first live support group

Where: 402 W. Waters Ave. Tampa, Fl. 33604 (Community Masonic Lodge Building)

When: From 10:00 am until noon

Why: Because we all need support.

So come join us.
(deactivated member)
on 7/7/10 2:07 am - FL
Topic: RE: HOW?
Katie I have done that and it help for a little bit. I hope to see you on Saturday, bring all your WLS friends, it should be a blast!
Hugs Kristen
Katie_C
on 7/7/10 2:00 am - Land O Lakes, FL
Topic: RE: HOW?
There is a thing called the 5 day pouch test that you can do. http://www.5daypouchtest.com/ My friend Jill and I are thinking of doing it, will you be at the support group meeting Saturday? Maybe all three of us can do it together, it is a back to basics kind of thing. Check out the website and let me know what you think.

Katie

(deactivated member)
on 7/6/10 10:20 pm - FL
Topic: HOW?
How do you jump start this weight loss thing again, I am told we have the tool........... HOW? Not eat? Become a workout junkie?

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(deactivated member)
on 7/5/10 2:20 am - Tampa, FL
Topic: RE: QUOTE FOR THE DAY - DETERMINATION
That is so true Tink, with hard work and the right attitude, we can do anything.
SWEET Tink
on 7/4/10 10:51 pm
Topic: QUOTE FOR THE DAY - DETERMINATION
Motivational Quote - “Life is not easy for any of us, but what of that?  We must have perseverance and, above all, confidence in ourselves.
SparkPeople Translation

We all come across obstacles, some anticipated and some unexpected. Every last one of us has faced some sort of difficulty in our lives. How did you approach this? Did you avoid it, allowing the problem to get bigger? Or did you go at it with full force, ready to conquer it? Perhaps once in a while an obstacle will disappear on its own, but don’t count on it. Usually, it’s going to come down to you to make it happen. But with hard work and the right attitude, you have everything you need to reach those goals. Try and look forward to the next time a roadblock comes your way; instead of an obstacle, think of it as a challenge. Then get after it!

Proud Obesity Help Bariatric Life Coach
Proud Obesity Help Support Group Leader
Fighting Daily the Disease We Call Obesity !
www.obesityhelp.com/group/LifeStartsWLS08
www.vawlsevents.com
Helping Others Find Their Way to a Life They Deserve!

(deactivated member)
on 7/3/10 11:32 pm - FL
Topic: Everyone come and join us, Saturday July 10th
BAY AREA WEIGHT LOSS SURGERY SUPPORT GROUP  

You are cordially invited to attend the first meeting of the Bay Area Weight Loss Surgery Support Group. We will be meeting on every second Saturday of the month from 10:00am until noon, starting July 10th. These support group meetings are open to anyone who has had weight loss surgery of any type, or who is considering weight loss surgery.   Come join us; share your stories, your pictures, your successes and your set backs. Let’s have some fun, while we do this together.    

MEETINGS WILL BE AT: Community Lodge 402 W. Waters Ave Tampa, Fl. 33604      

CONTACT NUMBERS:
Kristen - (813) 760-9097
[email protected]
Steve - (813) 431-9097
[email protected]    

With the support of friends, we can not fail.

We look forward to meeting everyone!

SWEET Tink
on 6/29/10 6:31 pm
Topic: LIFESTARTS-JANUARY SNOW BALL - MEET AND GREET
David Becker and I have been trying to put together yet another Snow Ball here in Richmond VA. Due to the property we used before up for sale, we are unable to get good pricing , so here is where we stand on the progress of the Snow Ball . 

I am meeting with the Sales Department of the Holiday Inn Koger Center in Richmond this week.
Here is how we perceive the events happening.
Friday guest arrive. - Dinner at Hotel or Diner
Saturday - Breakfast at the Hotel or somewhere of your choosing.
Meet and Greet Support Group Luncheon - (Included in Ticket Price)
Before and After photos viewed and introductions
We may have a Special Speaker - I am waiting on her confirmation.
After Lunch - Free Time - There is an Indoor Pool , Shopping or Site Seeing.

Saturday night Dinner at the Tobacco Company - then back to the Hotel to their Lounge and Dance Floor called VISIONS. Drink and Dance until close or last call.
Sunday - Breakfast - (Included in ticket price) Farewell Speeches

I am currently working on getting vendors to send in samples for goodie bags.
I truly hope that you will all try to come out.
The date tentatively is the weekend of January 23rd. This may change once we meet with the hotel sales.
David Becker tried to get our old place but they are in the process of being sold and the hotel price was through the roof, and we are not paying that.
We are also asking for a Hospitality Suite for Drinks and Appetizers Saturday night before we go down dancing. And possible use afterwards for our infamamous - PJ Party .... : ) 

Here are the links to the hotel and the Tobacco Company if you want to check it out. I should have ticket prices and hotel information for you by Friday.

www.thetobaccocompany.com
www.holidayinnkoger.com

Thank you for your understanding in the delay in getting back to you and I truly hope this works out for us all .

Tink

Proud Obesity Help Bariatric Life Coach
Proud Obesity Help Support Group Leader
Fighting Daily the Disease We Call Obesity !
www.obesityhelp.com/group/LifeStartsWLS08
www.vawlsevents.com
Helping Others Find Their Way to a Life They Deserve!

(deactivated member)
on 6/26/10 7:38 pm - Tampa, FL
Topic: Less than two weeks away
That's right folks, one week from Saturday will be the first meeting of the Bay Area Weight loss surgery Support Group.  We are so excited about this.  The first meeting will be at from 10:00am till noon Saturday July 10th at 402 W. Waters Ave. Tampa, Fl. 33604, (at the Masonic Lodge Building).

Kristen and I have some great ideas for this group, but would like to hear from you too, what would you like to see, hear or do at these meetings, especially the first meeting.  I hope to see y'all there.