Bay Area Weight Loss Surgery Support

Recent Posts

(deactivated member)
on 6/7/10 6:55 am - FL
Topic: RE: STRESS
Celery is a good idea I did eat almost a whole thing of Altoids. What an ugly day! Tomorrow WILL be better!
(deactivated member)
on 6/7/10 6:36 am - Tampa, FL
I stress eat all the time, something that I need to learn to control.  For you,  alternatives could be breath mints, tic tacs, life savers, or drive all of your co-workers crazy and crunch celery at your desk all day.
MzDiane
on 6/7/10 6:34 am - Apopka, FL
Funny, I wanted to eat today.  Not just eat because it was a neccessity but I mean put some food down...LOL.  I realize this is head hunger but still..the brain is a powerful tool and somtimes I need to just put my armour on and stand firm until the moment passes.  I can relate, especially in past years...only I gave in.  Hang in there chickey!
  300 lb HW / 289 lbs Pre-op /281 lbs Day Of Surgery       
(deactivated member)
on 6/7/10 5:16 am - FL
Topic: STRESS
Today at work it is nuts and I want to Stress eat so bad BUT I am not going to do it. This no carb thing is hard and now Stress. I have talked myself off the ledge so many times today. Do you do that as well?
(deactivated member)
on 6/6/10 9:33 pm - Tampa, FL
Topic: RE: The first Introduction
Congratulations Diane and welcome.  You are just now starting the best part of the whole journey, rapid weightloss, more energy, and lots of WOW moments.  Being a life long Floridian, you will probably understand when I say, this is defintely an " E" ticket ride.
MzDiane
on 6/6/10 9:17 pm - Apopka, FL
Topic: RE: The first Introduction
My name is Diane and I am 42 years old.  I am an original Floridian, raised on that good old southern cooking.  I have been overweight my entire life.  I started my journey probably not for the same reason as most.  I had decided back in 2008 to get info on RNY bypass surgery since my neice was going for the same procedure.  This site was a great help however, it didn't prepare me for what she went through.  She had an open RNY and a few days after being released her stomach opened up big enough I could have stuck my fist into it.  We called her Doctor and he said it was just superficial.  He was probably right but it totally turned me against Bariatric Surgery.  So I stopped visiting this site until November of 2009.

I had a routine appointment with my PCP and 3 hours later came out with a script for Bariatric Surgery.  I topped the scale at a jaw dropping 300 pounds and fatty liver disease bordering on the development of Cirrohsis.  My bad cholesterol and triglycerides were out of this world with no reading on the good cholesterol levels.  How sad.  So that is my begining.

On June 1st I had my RNY.  I am doing GREAT!!  There is no end to my story yet, I have a long way to go and look forward to taking that walk with my friends and family and more importantly, myself. 
(deactivated member)
on 6/6/10 8:56 pm - Tampa, FL
Topic: The first Introduction
Hey folks, some of you know me, some of you have known me for years, but for those of you who don't, I would like to start this group out by introducing myself to you.

My name is Steve Whitmer and I first started learning about weight loss surgery in 2000,  my wife at the time was researching it and introduced me to it.  Nothing happened until 2002 when she decided that she was going to have Gastric Bypass Surgery, that is when I really got involved in the whole weight loss surgery community.  After seeing how successful she was with her gastric bypass surgery, I decided in 2003, that I wanted to have it weight loss surgery too, that's when I joined O.H.  IN April of 2004, at almost 400 pounds, I had gastric bypass surgery, and over the next year, I lost 180 pounds, and came to a resting weight of 220 pounds.  I was happy with that weight and kept my weight around 220 pounds for the first year.  After the first three years my weight went from 220 pounds to 230, I didn't like it but I soon came to accept it, and I kept it around 230 pounds until the beginning of 2009, between the beginning of 2009 and now, I have gained a total of about 50 pounds.  Today my weight fluctuated between 270, and 275 pounds. 

My girlfriend,(and now my fiance) moved down to Florida a year ago, and immediately looked for a local support group.  Not finding one that she liked, she and I have for the last six months or so, talked about starting a local support group.  After coming to the realization recently that we both can use some extra motivation and support to lose the weight that we have regained, we have decide to start a Tampa Bay weight loss surgery support group.

What is your story?
(deactivated member)
on 6/6/10 10:51 am - Tampa, FL
Topic: RE: Welcome
Thanks Diane, this is something that Kristen and I are very passionate about.
MzDiane
on 6/6/10 10:30 am - Apopka, FL
Topic: RE: Welcome
Thank you so much for the invite to join the group.  I know it will be a success!
(deactivated member)
on 6/6/10 12:25 am - Tampa, FL
Topic: Welcome
Hi Friends;

Kristen and I have decided to start a weight loss surgery support group here in Tampa, together with access on Facebook and on OH.  This is something that we feel very strongly about, and the fact the we need support in our weight loss journey, only exemplifies the reason that we need to start a local support group.  There will be a real life support group with meetings and events, but in between these meetings, we will use the OH group to keep in touch and to keep motivating each other.  For those of you in the Tampa Bay/West Central Florida area, please join us at any of our meetings, if you aren't close enough to come to one of our meetings, you are still welcome to join our group, and participate in the motivation and support.

Join us here and at Bay Area Weight Loss Surgery Support on facebook.