Menus and Miles Friday Sept. 15th

Roz !!!!
on 9/15/17 6:42 am, edited 9/15/17 6:45 am - Butler, PA

WARNING TO SELF AND TO ANYONE WHO WILL LISTEN!!! AVOID 'BAD' CARBS AT ALL COSTS!!! THEY ARE ADDICTING!! THEY WILL SLOW DOWN YOUR WEIGHT LOSS DURING THE LOSING STAGE (and you won't even notice)!! THEY WILL MAKE THE SCALE GO UP AFTER THE HONEYMOON PERIOD IS OVER.

Success in Maintenance starts with GOOD CHOICES during the Honeymoon Period.

I feel I need to repeat this: I am a FIRM believer in Good Whey Protein Drinks!!!!! It is sooooo much harder to do Maintenance without them!

Morning LW's!!!! It's Friday and My Protein Powder came......Life is Good!!!

Protein: Matrix Mint Cookie 35g

Breakfast:

Lunch: Scrambled Eggs, Bacon and Cheese

Snack: Coconut and Seed snack

Protein: Matrix Mint Cookie 35g

Snack: Veggies and Cheese Snack

Dinner: Probably eating out

Snack: Plain Popcorn

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Ginnny
on 9/15/17 7:36 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Post Op RNY 17 mos

Wahoooo it's Friday! We are leaving tomorrow for a weeks vacation (finally) We've rented a cottage on a lake up north. About a five hour drive tomorrow after we get everything loaded into the truck. It will be so relaxing, fishing, reading, hiking the doggies. Aw....will be tough putting the whole day in at work.

Accountability - on plan!! Stuck to my guns!

I'm not sure on lunch yet, as I think I am going out. If not I will just make a run to the grocery store and grab something meaty from the food bar.

B - 1 egg, 2 slices bacon, 1 slice 35 calorie toast

S - yogurt and 2 oz blueberries

L - ??

S - deli turkey and cheese roll ups (4 slices turkey, 1 slice cheese)

D - chicken wings (maybe 4)

Have a great day everyone. I may not be around much next week!

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

Roz !!!!
on 9/15/17 7:54 am - Butler, PA

Have fun on your vacation!!

Sounds Good!

Roz

on Maintenance

MarinaGirl
on 9/15/17 10:23 am, edited 9/16/17 4:49 am

23 weeks post-MGB

Snack: Premier Protein - Strawberry

Breakfast: 1 egg with cheese & 1/2 piece of bacon

Lunch: 1/2 ham & cheese sandwich, open face; fruit

Snack: Nuts and another Premier Protein

Dinner: TBD

Miles: Will walk the dog a few times today and walk to the store later; approx 2-3 miles

I'm below my goal weight and want to stop losing weight. My BMI is currently 19.8. I don't know the best way to do this as I'm consuming more than I used to. One thought is to get my RMR done in case I need to be eating a lot more calories each day. Has anyone else dealt with this?

Roz !!!!
on 9/16/17 7:50 am, edited 9/18/17 1:31 am - Butler, PA

Menu sounds great!! If you do decide to increase your calories only do it with protein. Do not had in "Bad" Carbs!!!

It sounds like you have done an Awesome job!!! How much did you loose to be at a normal BMI in 5 months?

I had a "full" RNY and just from my experience and reading other posters stories I regret trying to stop myself when I felt (and everyone told me) I was getting too thin. Even though I never felt hungry and I was completely satisfied with what I was eating I increased my calories so I would stop losing. Your body should know when to stop!! It should maintain the weight you lost and then start evening off (around +15 pounds). You should naturally start gaining weight until your body settles at your "lifetime" weight. If you try to stop losing weight by increasing your calories you will eventually gain the 15 plus more.

Roz

on Maintenance

MarinaGirl
on 9/16/17 11:42 am, edited 9/16/17 4:45 am

I lost 35 lbs pre-surgery and 50 lbs post-surgery. My surgery goals were to be able to maintain weight loss long term and to resolve a variety of health issues (i.e. GERD, asthma, arthritis, migraines, high cholesterol, chronic pain, and sleep challenges). My health is so much better now; all areas are improved! But now the real work begins, maintenance mode. I hope you're right that my body will reach it's own set point, SOON. I will make sure that if I up my calories it is done healthily.

Thanks so much for your input and wisdom Roz!!!! And for all you do for this forum!

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 362 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 487 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 542 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 560 views