Menus and Miles Monday March 20th

Roz !!!!
on 3/20/17 6:35 am - Butler, PA

WARNING TO SELF AND TO ANYONE WHO WILL LISTEN!!! AVOID 'BAD' CARBS AT ALL COSTS!!! THEY ARE ADDICTING!! THEY WILL SLOW DOWN YOUR WEIGHT LOSS DURING THE LOSING STAGE (and you won't even notice)!! THEY WILL MAKE THE SCALE GO UP AFTER THE HONEYMOON PERIOD IS OVER.

Success in Maintenance starts with GOOD CHOICES during the Honeymoon Period.

I feel I need to repeat this: I am a FIRM believer in Good Whey Protein Drinks!!!!! It is sooooo much harder to do Maintenance without them!

Happy Spring LW's!!!!! For those of you have Spring weather most of the year does this mean anything to you? Here in PA we get very excited for Spring Season to be here....!!!!

8+ years

Breakfast:

Protein: Matrix Mint Cookie 35g

Snack: Nuts, Cheese, Berries

Lunch: Scrambled Eggs, Bacon, and Cheese

Snack: Greek Yogurt with cherries

Protein: Matrix Mint Cookie 35g

Dinner: Probably Pork Chops

Snack: Nature Valley Roasted Nut Crunch Bar

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Ginnny
on 3/20/17 8:14 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

RNY 11 + months

Good morning Lightweights! I've been on vacation the last little while so been away from the boards. Back at it today. Well I stepped on the scale this morning (first time since back from Mexico) and as suspected I see a slight gain. 2.2 lbs which I'm not happy about but it's certainly manageable. I hope to see it gone by the end of the week. I am committed to my running program and the gym this week, on top of smart eating I shouldn't have a problem losing it. I have a few weeks to lose about 7 lbs. I would like to see 100 lbs lost (from my highest) before my one year, so I'll have to work real hard to achieve that goal.

Busy day today at work. I have an assignment due for my course, a mid day meeting to finalize the purchase of a new Rescue Truck for the Fire Department, and then my aforementioned running, a hair cut after work and then the gym. Whew, I'm tired just thinking about it. LOL

Eats are as follows:

B - 4 oz beef stroganoff

S - deviled eggs (2 halves)

L - taco salad with 2 tbsp. cheese and 2 tbsp. sour cream, 4.5 oz taco beef

S - greek yogurt

D - 5 oz chicken with sautéed veg

Cal 980, Carbs 35, Protein 112

Have a great day!

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

Roz !!!!
on 3/20/17 10:09 am - Butler, PA

One of my biggest regrets was that I stopped myself losing before I hit the 100 pound mark!! I only needed to loose 3 more pounds!! When you get there make sure you "borrow" someones gold apple for your signature....I envy those......

Roz

on Maintenance

Ginnny
on 3/20/17 11:29 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Everyone tells me I have lost enough weight and to stop. I don't listen to them. My loss has slowed considerably to be almost non-existent, gaining and losing the same couple pounds. Really going to buckle down to see if I can't achieve my ultimate goal. I am happy with the way I look now, but I see the places that could stand to lose a few more pounds. I know it really is my bodies decision on whether or not its going to let go of anymore but I'm going to do my best to steer it in the right direction. I'm also trying not to be so scale obsessed I'm sure I'm driving my friends and family bonkers!

I updated my ticker to reflect my weight when I first started the program (the first weight recorded by the clinic).

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

Roz !!!!
on 3/20/17 12:14 pm - Butler, PA

You've done an Awesome job!!!!! If I'm remembering right I think that's the weight I used too. Try upping your calories for a few days and then drop back down.

Roz

on Maintenance

STLfan
on 3/20/17 2:05 pm
Hi Roz, Just stopping by to say hello and hope your hubby is doing well. I was reading a post of yours awhile back and looked up a burger joint you said you were going to ....just to see what you might experience ....started getting ads for the place...lol...hope you had fun though. As for me they fused C5-6-7and put in a plate so my neck is sore (2-16-17). PT folks seem to think I need to gain a few but I just smile as I am right where I want to be. I wish sometimes I had more to say here because you are all so very nice. I do look in and see whats up because you are great coaches who make me think about how to use my WLS to enjoy life. Oh and I am working on my first big sermon for Palm Sunday...talking about the impact on the Centurion in the events leading up to Palm Sunday. Kind of a fictional what might have been his reaction. It seems good to get back to studies after this latest illness. I thank you for your prayers and I pray all is well for you and yours. ....Jeff
Jeff                    
Roz !!!!
on 3/21/17 6:51 am - Butler, PA

Great to hear from you!! I think my hubby had the same fusion done plus disks on 2/8. He has his 5 week recheck today. He is still in so much pain and it didn't take the numbness away in his right arm yet which was the goal. I hate when people tell me to gain weight but the old I get the less I hear it.

My hubby has been wanting to go to the Burgatory again. We might try to do that this weekend. I'm so thankful most places let me eat off the kids menu. I think because I'm in my 60's and really tiny they never question it.

Congrats on doing the Palm Sunday service. That's such an honor!!

Keep in touch and hope you start feeling better soon!

Roz

on Maintenance

STLfan
on 3/21/17 10:52 am
Hey Roz,
I feel so bad that your hubby is in pain ... I too had my right arm in EXTREME pain and at the moment it is just a background feeling.....however rolling outa bed a few days after surgery I felt a pop in the left arm and it now feels exactly like the right with background nerve pain....doctor said I pulled a muscle...I started PT yesterday and am sore between the blades....I do pray and hope that for both of us we find relief after surgery... I had to drive once since and..had the "horse collar" on but i managed it well I think.

I feel you on the kids menu as I now order things that are small in portion or take home 1/2 or more of it. Finally got over the teachings of the clean plate club and even leave stuff uneaten. I tell the wife a lot that they serve enough food on a plate for three people. and i would gladly pay a third less for small portions...lol....must be tough at the Burgatory as I find hamburgers in almost every case just too much of everything and if the bun is great I want the whole thing but am full with a few bites because of the sleeve. But just savor the taste and move on I say.

I am looking forward to Palm Sunday! I have been in a bit of a funk since even before surgery on my neck with the pain and such I have not been studying as I should and three of my nursing home visits have passed away and I miss them very much.

You take care the both of you and I hope you have a wonderful day!.... Jeff
Jeff                    
Roz !!!!
on 3/21/17 1:13 pm - Butler, PA

They never gave Don a neck brace and I thought that might help. He's only driven a few times. Usually our DD drives him where ever he needs to go.

Just came from the Surgeons office. They are going to run a nerve test now to see if something is blocked. He said he might have to go under the knife again but it won't be as bad as last time. They are going to give him some anti inflammatories.

Your Nursing Home friends might be very happy right now!! My Mom is in a nursing home and sometimes it bums me out seeing the life she has to live now.

The same to you and your Beautiful Wife!!

Roz

on Maintenance

STLfan
on 3/23/17 6:56 pm
Hey Roz,
I think about those Nursing Home friends, and your thought about happiness really made me feel so much better. I know what you mean as one would ask ....I don't know why God continues to have me live....and my friend Ray was 60 when he had a stroke and couldn't talk or eat or dress very well ...although I could pick out words ....he was able read and his grandson was born after the stroke so he met him and the boy is now 5 years old. but then as your comment suggests, it must be so difficult for them to live in some cases a life like that and I was thinking maybe it is me who is being selfish to not want to miss them and as my eyes fill with tears, my heart and soul are glad that they are in the loving arms of God. Thank You so much for that thought provoking message!....Jeff
Jeff                    
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 362 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 487 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 542 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 560 views