My Update

Cosmos2112
on 12/31/16 1:04 pm

It's a week plus two days since surgery. Off all diabetes meds but my blood pressure seems to be higher than normal. Maybe because of the pain. I can only take Tylenol (store brand) liquid as the opiate narcotic gave me hives and welts all over. My next doc visit is Tuesday. Still on full liquids. No appetite at all. On injectable blood thinner. Friend took me to grocery store. I used the motorized cart to shop. Not so much energy to walk great distances. I lost weight! I still feel bloated. I can't sleep at all on my left side. Happy New Year everyone! 

RNY 12/22/2016. HW 228. SW 224. CW 122

Dr. Aviv Ben-Meir. Lake West Medical Center, Willoughby OH

Roz !!!!
on 1/1/17 4:19 pm - Butler, PA

Sounds like you are doing Awesome!!! It's perfectly normal to be tired.  Rest as much as you can and don't over do it.  You will be bloated for awhile.  Don't be surprised if you start having a lot of gas .  That's normal and it will help with the bloating. Just walk a lot and use the GasX strips that melt on your tongue.  The appetite might not come for awhile.  Try to get your liquids in.   There is another stage that some go through and some don't.  It hit me pretty bad for a week.  My emotions were so out of whack!!  I had regrets and wondered why I did this to myself.  I cried constantly.  Like I said it only lasted about a week and a couple of days but it was hard on my family.

Keep me updated!!

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Cosmos2112
on 1/1/17 4:54 pm

I have more gas than Exxon! Walking as much as I can. My BF took me to the store and I scooted around in a motorized cart. Not a lot of stamina. Follow up Tuesday. Drinking is ok. I think I'm even going over the minimum. 

RNY 12/22/2016. HW 228. SW 224. CW 122

Dr. Aviv Ben-Meir. Lake West Medical Center, Willoughby OH

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 362 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 487 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 542 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 560 views