Dry Skin Blahh...

Eattoliv4life
on 11/18/16 10:04 pm
VSG on 10/18/16

Hello Everyone,

I had VSG on 10/18/16. I've been having a difficult time with getting all my fluids in. I am dealing with dry skin daily. Does anyone know if dry skin will have a huge impact on my skin elasticity? I know that I'll have some sagging skin. I'm just hoping that the dry skin issue turns out to be just temporary. 

lykapal
on 11/19/16 2:10 pm
RNY on 05/16/16

Omgosh, I've had very rough dry skin since surgery plus easy bruising and slooooow wound healing. I was thinking of posting something very similar to this last month, but I brought it up at my post-op appointment instead.  My surgeon suggested extra vitamin C, since it helps with collagen production. He said new post-ops don't eat much fresh fruit, when they need more vitamin C the most. I've added a chewable C and the dryness has improved a good bit, but I'm thinking I need a little more, since I still bruise for no apparent reason. Argh.

49/F 4' 11" Highest Wt. 183.8--Surgery Wt. 173.0--Current Wt. 115.2--Goal Wt. 115.0

Eattoliv4life
on 11/19/16 7:58 pm
VSG on 10/18/16

Vitamin C sounds good. 

Thank you :)

missc_26
on 11/26/16 12:36 pm, edited 11/26/16 4:36 am
VSG on 10/03/16

Hi 

I also have really dry skin, almost feel like a scaly dragon sometimes, and while our new stomach heals we have to take it easy and it's so hard to get enough noirushment (although I will be upping my vit c and see how I go too!)

Someone i know suggested using grocery extra Virgin olive oil as a body moisturiser as they swore by it and said they got no stretch marks post surgery. Relatively cheap option for a large bottle and our skins so dry it drinks it right up.

I use a dry body oil (even baby oil) After showering but am careful at the moment around my wound incisions. When you are able to start adding avocado and fish oil to your diet I found this helped me too (but again it will be what your body can tolerate).

Let us know how you get on and if you find anything else that works well for you.

C

Eattoliv4life
on 11/26/16 3:34 pm
VSG on 10/18/16

Olive oil... good idea :)

thank you 

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 362 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 487 views