Still hanging on

Cosmos2112
on 11/11/16 4:36 pm, edited 11/11/16 7:42 pm

My EKG saw something and I had a nuclear stress test which showed a problem. Cardiac cath next week. Had my second doctor and NUT visits today. I lost one pound. BMI still over 35, barely. If I need a stent my RNY will be postponed a short time, hopefully not. If a stent will be on a blood thinner one month. In very good spirits. I'm following all NUT instructions. I have increased physical activity. I thank God because if I didn't want this RNY, I would never know I had a heart issue. And again, Doctor said it may be nothing. Nuclear stress tests aren't perfect, so that is why the cath. One more Doctor and NUT visit, next month. Thanks. 

Price S.
on 11/11/16 5:22 pm - Mills River, NC

Hopefully it will show you are fine and csn proceed   if not , then you get fixed and proceed .  keep positive and let us know how you are doing  hugs to you 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Cosmos2112
on 11/11/16 7:41 pm, edited 11/11/16 11:44 am

I'll post as soon as I know the results. If I do need a stent, I have to stay overnight in hospital. 

Good news is after my last weigh in, Doctor visit, and NUT visit all paperwork goes to insurance. Also I can try to lose a few more pounds before surgery. I just want to be the healthiest I can be before surgery. Look like the only meds I'll need to take after surgery (fingers crossed) is my generic synthroid and Vitamin D.  Goodbye diabetes!!!  CPAP, not sure. It may take a marked weight loss to get of sleep apnea. 

RNY 12/22/2016. HW 228. SW 224. CW 122

Dr. Aviv Ben-Meir. Lake West Medical Center, Willoughby OH

Roz !!!!
on 11/12/16 12:33 pm - Butler, PA

Boy I'm glad they are checking on this now!   After WLS if you didn't feel good you might have brushed it off as an after effect of the WLS.

I've known some of our LW's to get off of their CPAP machines practically right away. My DH has one I can't get him to use.  He is such a stubborn stinker some times.

YES...keep us updated!

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Cosmos2112
on 11/17/16 4:07 pm

Update.  Had my cardiac cath this morning. My arteries are squeaky clean. No blockages nor do I need a stent. Looks like I'm clear for my RNY. One more cardiac post of visit to check my groin area.  Was put in a twilight sleep and just felt a pinch when given the numbing shot in groin area. Doing the happy dance area. I'm still sore and will return to work Monday. BF is caring for me now. One more Doctor and NUT visit next month. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 362 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 487 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 542 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 560 views