Cross post from rny board

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/12/16 8:48 pm

About - felling full... Sometimes the only way I knew I overate because I had to throw up. 

Fistr 3-4 months I rarely felt ful. Nerves are cut plus most likely you had some nerve damage due to the band. 

I really startedhaving restriction in month 4... 3 months post op. Suddenly I was not able to finish 2 eggs.

Unfortunately - I felt hunger... So I drunk liquids6: tea, water, ate popsicles. And measured my food. Volume. 

The only time I felt "full" when something got stuck in stoma and I had to throw up. Or if I ate raw carrots.  To this day - plain raw carrots are no go.   

Early on it is easier to force the body to make the pouch bigger... 

BTW - now - I know my body signals when I had enough. But it is not "full" as I used to get before RNY. It is very different. 

BTW- I typically drink liquids just before I need to eat a meal.  I often don't finish what I think my portion can be. But sometimes, if I have not eaten much that day...and it is a longer time between meals - I can eat more - and sometimes I chose to eat more, much more, specially if it is mixed with a more slider foods... I.e. I tonight I had 5oz pork tenderloin With 1/2 tomato, and 1/2 cucumber, a few slices of pepers. Then as dessert...30 min later I had 1 oz of nuts.  This is 8-years old mature pouch.  I ate tomato and cucumbers - they turn into mash - they are mostly water - it is equivalent to drinking 1/2 cup of liquids. (cucumber and tomato are mostly water) . I could eat more because I did not eat a lot earlier and I no longer need to lose weight.  If I was on calorie restrictions - I probably would chose less watery veggies - like califlower, green beans or broccoli. -veggies with more fiber and ate less of my pork and no nuts.. .

It is not easy - but - IMO - you need to measure portion. 

If I need more calories - I add fat - not proteins. 1/2 avocado added to my plate makes a huge difference. A pat of butter on my steak makes is so yummy... And fat with proteins satiate me better than just proteins. 

RNY gave me different "I'm full " sensation.  You may need to learn you new "full.".. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

sheriberi29
on 6/13/16 4:57 am - Cleveland, TN

Thank you so very much. You have been so helpful ever since I've been coming to the boards . You have so much experienced information to give and I really appreciate you taking the time ! 

Banded 6/9/09 HW 242 LW 142 Revision 198 m 1 loss 16 lbs 182. M 2 loss 4 lbs 178. M3 loss 6 lbs 174.m4 loss 4 lbs 168. M5 gain 2 lbs 170. M6 loss 7 lbs 163 M7 loss 5 lbs 159 M8 loss 1 lb 158 M9 loss 0 M10 155 loss 3 M11 154 loss 1 M12 loss 2 152 M13 loss 3 149 M16, 17 0 loss M 18 loss 4 lbs 145 (18 months 53 lbs)

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 362 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 488 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 543 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 560 views