Post op - 1 week follow-up

lykapal
on 5/24/16 1:42 pm
RNY on 05/16/16

So today I had my week one post-op follow up. My incisions are healing nicely and they removed my JP drain. Instant pain relief! I can walk-talk-breath all at the same time again. Lol.

i sat down with the nutritionist and left feeling so happy! I can finally stop the sugar diet they had me on immediately after surgery. I told her "you guys spent three months telling me to get off sugar, and you sent me home from the hospital on a pure sugar diet, and I don't appreciate that!" I guess I'm not the first person who said that, she laughed and said -- yeah we hear that a lot, but this way works. 

Starting tomorrow I'm on a standard bariatric liquid diet. 90-100g protein. 80-100 oz fluid. My calorie goal is 900, but I think it's a little high. She wants it to be between 900-1000 until I've healed completely. They still want me to supplement my old stomach with a nutritional shake, so I'm going to use Glucerna. 

Im happy that I can move towards low carb and away from sugary drinks. I'm relieved that I'm healing well. And as a bonus - I've lost all of my IV fluid retention and am down 7.5 lbs from surgery date. Weee!

49/F 4' 11" Highest Wt. 183.8--Surgery Wt. 173.0--Current Wt. 115.2--Goal Wt. 115.0

Price S.
on 5/24/16 4:24 pm - Mills River, NC

wonderful news!!!  On to getting that protein and liquid in.  You are doing super!!!

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 362 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 487 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 543 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 560 views