Hi Everyone- newbie saying hello

Kiwigal
on 5/8/16 6:40 am
Revision on 05/02/16
Hi there. I have been reading and commenting on posts for a couple of days and thought I should say hello.
I had revision surgery on May 2 from a VSG in 2007 to a Gastric Bypass. Both times I have been a lightweight and unfortunately have experienced the issues you all note with both procedures.
I currently weigh 96.6 kg and hope to loose 15 and maintain this.
So far recovery has gone well, but must say it knocked me around far more than I thought it would.
Great to see everyone's posts, feel inspired and also hear your stories.
See you on the boards and thanks for having me.

JB1114
on 5/8/16 8:59 am - Grain Valley, MO

Welcome!!  The people here are very helpful and kind.  I've just started posting again after several months away.  I was working 6 days a week for a tax preparer and Internet access wasn't allowed.  I didn't get on the computer when I got home most days.

My RNY was 8 years ago this July 8th.  Best thing I ever did for myself.  I never got to my goal, but I'm much healthier than before RNY.  No more BP meds, cholesterhol and acid reflux meds.  I have had a small regain and I'm working on getting that off and hope to lost another 20 lbs.

Hope your recovery continues to go well.

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

lykapal
on 5/8/16 11:02 am
RNY on 05/16/16

Welcome. This is a great place for support and advice. I always check in daily, it's nice knowing that if something happens I can come here and find the best advice. Usually even before it happens to me!

49/F 4' 11" Highest Wt. 183.8--Surgery Wt. 173.0--Current Wt. 115.2--Goal Wt. 115.0

Price S.
on 5/8/16 2:11 pm - Mills River, NC

Welcome .  I love my RNY and although I wanted a sleeve, my insurance wouldn't pay so I ended up with RNY and couldn't have been happier.  Hope this is just the ticket for you.  Rest, sip, walk, repeat.  You will do great!!!

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 362 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 487 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 543 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 560 views