First post on lightweight forum!

cmcgrath6
on 4/5/16 7:20 am
RNY on 03/15/16

hello!! This is my first post on the lightweight forum. I'm about 3 weeks post op from my RNY & I need a little support! I've been doing pretty good with the diet stages, I'm now in the soft/ground food stage. In another week, I can start regular texture foods. Thank goodness because I'm starting to get sick of eating the same thing every day. 

I've been struggling a bit with the scale, however. It's barely moved at all in the last week!! I can't help but think that it's something that I've been doing wrong. I've been doing very well with my fluid intake, but haven't been consistent with protein. I really haven't been supplementing with shakes at all, which I should be. I've really been trying to eat protein rich foods. I also can't STAND these chewable vitamins. They're simply awful. 

I also feel like I can eat more than I should be able to. I go back to work tomorrow & am very nervous about this. I'm a bakery manager and there is temptation EVERYWHERE. (To date I haven't had any dumping, and have only had issues with a couple of foods). Any tips on how to cope with going back to work after surgery? 

HW: 220 SW: 220 CW: 190 height: 5'1" age: 25 years old 

Roz !!!!
on 4/5/16 11:11 am - Butler, PA

Welcome and Congrats om your RNY!!!!  I'm excited to see that you are only 25 years old!!!!  I wish they would have offered this when I was a lot younger.

Sometimes losing in the beginning just because your body has to adjust after surgery.  If you lost beforehand it might be adjusting.  Have you taken your Measurements?  I know this is going to sound strange but usually when the scales aren't moving the inches are still going down.  My DD is using Shakeology and she has found that to be true also.

WOW...working in a bakery!!  This might not sound nice....BUT I HOPE YOU DUMP....LOL!!!!!!!  There is no way I could have lost all of my weight if I hadn't dumped.  That's the only thing that kept me from sweets, fats, and overeating.

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

MajorMom
on 4/5/16 4:49 pm - VA

Welcome aboard!  

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

lerkhart
on 4/6/16 4:12 am

Welcome to the LW Board and congratulations on your surgery!!

Sounds like you are doing great if your were 220 when you had surgery and you are currently 190 that is 30 pounds in 3 about 3 weeks.  I would say that is GREAT!!

If the scale really upsets you, try to stay off of it for a while and maybe only weigh once a week.  You don't need to get stressed about the scale if you know you are doing what you are suppose to be doing.

Protein is very important now because it helps your body heal from the major surgery you had. 

Vitamins are very important too.  Have you tried different kinds?  I started out with the Bariatric Advantage chewables and now I do the Centrum adult over 50 orange flavor.  Neither of these tasted bad for me but everyone is different.  You might have to try some different kinds before you find one you like or just keep taking what you have until you might get used to it.  Don't stop taking them though!!

You may be able to eat more than you should but sometimes if you take that one extra bite it might make you sick.  Also your new pouch is still healing and you don't want to hurt it with over filling it.

I bake cookies & cakes out of my house and I can tell you sometimes it is more of a struggle than other times.  It is hard to bake something and not taste it.  I have to put things immediately into the sink and fill with water and my hands are probably washed hundreds of times!!  The cake tops that I cut off to level the cakes have to leave my house quickly.  I have several places I take them to in zip lock bags.  The bank being one of them.  They love them.

Good luck.  We would love to have you join the daily Menus and Miles.  It is great to have that extra accountability.

Linda

14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Price S.
on 4/6/16 5:10 am - Mills River, NC

Welcome 

Remember you are a lightweight and you are not going to lose like our friends who start out heavier.  On top of that, they fill you full of fluid with surgery and you have to lose that before anything else starts coming off.  Then there is the first 10 day stall that some folks do where their body says what on earth did you do to me!!!.  If you follow your program, you will lose. 

Now, you must get your protein in.  Find a shake you like or at least can tolerate.  Protein will help you keep your hair and muscle while you lose.  Syntrax and Unjury both offer sample packets so you can try some before you buy a whole tub.  Protein will also help you keep losing.  There is no way to do it with food at this point. 

I use generic CVS centrum chewables and I don't think they are bad.  I use the chocolate chewables from Bariatric Advantage for calcium.

Welcome and keep asking questions.  Hang on  It's quite a ride.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 362 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 488 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 543 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 560 views