Menus and Miles Sunday March 6th

Roz !!!!
on 3/6/16 5:41 am, edited 3/6/16 6:33 am - Butler, PA

WARNING TO SELF AND TO ANYONE WHO WILL LISTEN!!! AVOID 'BAD' CARBS AT ALL COSTS!!! THEY ARE ADDICTING!! THEY WILL SLOW DOWN YOUR WEIGHT LOSS DURING THE LOSING STAGE (and you won't even notice)!! THEY WILL MAKE THE SCALE GO UP AFTER THE HONEYMOON PERIOD IS OVER.

Success in Maintenance starts with GOOD CHOICES during the Honeymoon Period.

I feel I need to repeat this: I am a FIRM believer in Good Whey Protein Drinks!!!!! I have IC (Irritable Bladder Syndrome) and I can only have them while I'm not having a flare up. It is sooooo much harder to do Maintenance without them!

Morning LW's!! Well I strayed a little yesterday....  I had a cookie at our Grandson's Basketball Banquet and 2 PB Girl Scout Cookies last night.    I did buy a small bag of Kettle Chips I was going to enjoy during the Election Results but put them on hold for another day.  I've found that if I plan my snacks I can enjoy them with a lot less quilt which also keeps me from craving the next thing that floats past me.  Keep in mind I'm 7 years out and I didn't eat these things during the losing stage.

Maintenance 7+ years

Breakfast:   3 PB Girl Scout Cookies (a little protein...LOL)

Protein:   Matrix Mint Cookie 35g

Snack:    

Lunch:     Probably Shrimp scewer

Protein:   Matrix Mint Cookie 35g

Snack:     Baby Carrots

Dinner:    Ham and a TBs Scalloped Potatoes and Corn

Snack:     3 TB's Popcorn with a little salt and oil

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Catek2652
on 3/6/16 7:27 am
RNY on 10/26/15

Breakfast: 6 oz low fat cottage cheese with tablespoon of blueberries and pack of Splenda

Snack: mozerella cheese stick

lunch: grilled chicken strips (2 oz) on some romaine lettuce with tablespoon of almond meal, and homemade yogurt based salad dressing

snack: Premier Shake

dinner: spaghetti squash with tomato sauce with lean ground beef and parm cheese

snack: don't know yet. Sometimes I just have a cup of herbal tea before bed or maybe a slice of lunch meat.

Was going to work on my vegetable garden today, but it's raining. -(

Cate K

Northern Neck, VA 5'4" 56 years old

Highest weight 245: 7/1/2015, RNY surgery on October 26th. Had multiple complications and follow up surgeries and stayed in hospital for 24 days. Goal weight is 140.

Roz !!!!
on 3/8/16 11:40 am, edited 3/8/16 3:37 am - Butler, PA

Welcome to our LW Board!!!!!  Sorry it took me a couple days to respond.  This is always my busiest week at work trying to get billing done.

I like that you are getting Protein in.  Do you know what your totals are?  I'd like to see you get in at least Protein Drinks a day.

Roz

on Maintenance

Catek2652
on 3/8/16 3:00 pm
RNY on 10/26/15

this day it was 65 grams but most days 70 to 75. 

Cate K

Northern Neck, VA 5'4" 56 years old

Highest weight 245: 7/1/2015, RNY surgery on October 26th. Had multiple complications and follow up surgeries and stayed in hospital for 24 days. Goal weight is 140.

Roz !!!!
on 3/11/16 9:35 am - Butler, PA

I'd really like to see you over 100 with most of that from GOOD Protein Whey.  During the losing stage I drank 4 Protein drinks a day and then concentrated the rest of my food on Protein.  On Maintenance I drink 70 grams of Whey Protein and have Protein every meal. 

Roz

on Maintenance

Talkingmountain
on 3/6/16 1:19 pm
RNY on 12/28/15

Breakfast: mini-taco (1 sm corn tortilla slathered w FF refried beans plus a bit of salsa & shredded cheese; fold over & bake in toaster oven till hot)

Lunch: strawberries dipped in chocolate balsamic vinegar.

supper: pasta primavera w kidney beans (I eat mostly the veg & beans, & family loads up on the pasta), garlic bread (I just have 1 bite, if any)

snack: if I'm hungry later, I'll either have a little popcorn (covered w Brewers yeast), or a derived apricot w some nuts, or a rye cracker w pb&j.

Eexercise: walked briskly for 45 mins. Loving this sunshine!

Ht 5'6" | HW 278 | SW 264, Size 28+/4-5X | GW 135ish, Size 10-12 | CW 132, Size 8-10
Surg Date 12/28/15 | NSV Goal: Go down slide w/kid! 

Roz !!!!
on 3/8/16 11:57 am - Butler, PA

Congrats on your RNY and Welcome to our LW Board!!!

Please don't take offense to this......  I'm seeing more carbs than I am Protein and very little good Protein. This will work during the honeymoon period (it will slow you down) but you are likely to struggle maintaining your weight when you get on Maintenance .

(((HUGS)))

Roz

on Maintenance

Talkingmountain
on 3/14/16 11:04 am
RNY on 12/28/15

No offense taken, Roz!  My nutritionist is extremely happy with my diet.  I follow the advice of bariatric surgeons Dr. Garth Davis & Dr. Matthew Weiner, whose recommendations are based on the most current research rather than on "what has always been done."  Plant-based proteins (e.g. beans, nuts, tofu) are excellent-quality protein (the "complete proteins" myth was debunked decades ago, yet you still see it referenced constantly on the internet), and complex carbs offer incredible nutrition plus hunger-killing power for very few calories.  I do eat meat and cheese sometimes too, just not on a daily basis.  And usually I eat more veggies than on the day I posted, so I can see how it looked really carb-heavy that day!

Ht 5'6" | HW 278 | SW 264, Size 28+/4-5X | GW 135ish, Size 10-12 | CW 132, Size 8-10
Surg Date 12/28/15 | NSV Goal: Go down slide w/kid! 

MajorMom
on 3/6/16 3:32 pm - VA

Hi guys,

MENU: (DS Maintenance Mode)
Pre-B - protein coffee with 1/2 & 1/2 (30g)
S - 2+ regular coffees w/1/2&1/2
B - egg, bacon and sausage
2nd B - Greek yogurt w/blueberries
S - 
L - protein shake (30g)
S - peanuts
S - popcorn
D - fish nuggets and coleslaw
S - popcorn?

VITES:
morning batch: done
calcium batches: done
iron: stopped
evening batch: done
heme iron: pending

MILES:
none

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Roz !!!!
on 3/8/16 11:58 am - Butler, PA

Good Job Gina!

Roz

on Maintenance

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 362 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 488 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 543 views
Still kickin'...