Menus and Miles Thursday Feb. 25th

Roz !!!!
on 2/25/16 9:56 am - Butler, PA

WARNING TO SELF AND TO ANYONE WHO WILL LISTEN!!! AVOID 'BAD' CARBS AT ALL COSTS!!! THEY ARE ADDICTING!! THEY WILL SLOW DOWN YOUR WEIGHT LOSS DURING THE LOSING STAGE (and you won't even notice)!! THEY WILL MAKE THE SCALE GO UP AFTER THE HONEYMOON PERIOD IS OVER.

Success in Maintenance starts with GOOD CHOICES during the Honeymoon Period.

I feel I need to repeat this: I am a FIRM believer in Good Whey Protein Drinks!!!!! I have IC (Irritable Bladder Syndrome) and I can only have them while I'm not having a flare up. It is sooooo much harder to do Maintenance without them!

Afternoon LW's!!! I was so busy yesterday at work that all I had was a Protein Drink and 1 Baby Bell cheese until I got off of work.  I didn't even take time to make a cup of tea.  I left work starving with my belly making crazy noises.  We stopped at Arbys and I got a ham and swiss sandwich because I was way to tired to go home an cook. 

My scales are still down since I had my bowel obstruction surgery in early December.  I'm debating whether I should get my dress pants hemmed.  I'm so afraid all of a sudden the weight will start coming back on and then I would really be in a pickle (something my MIL use to say....haha)

Maintenance 7+ years

Breakfast:  Handful Honey Nut Cheerios

Protein:   Matrix Mint Cookie 35g

Snack:     1 Babybel lite cheese round

Lunch:      Bean and Bacon Soup

Protein:   Matrix Mint Cookie 35g

Snack:     Laughing Cow Lite Swiss and 6 Saltines

Dinner:    Something with Hamburger

Snack:     3 TB's Popcorn with a little salt and oil

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Price S.
on 2/25/16 10:39 am, edited 2/25/16 8:48 am - Mills River, NC

I wish I stayed put that easily!!!  I am bouncing all the time.  Meetings early and late and groceries inbetween. 

decaf protein coffee  33g
2 eggs, ham
lemon tea protein 13g
leftover squash, chicken, ricotta
lemon tea protein  13g
apple, sausage
stuffed sole, sweet potatoe
protein shake or hot chocolate  25g

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Roz !!!!
on 2/26/16 9:47 am - Butler, PA

I know you are trying to get a few pounds off but do you have a range you stay in?  Even when I was heavy my weight didn't vary much.  It took me years to work up to my highest weight.  I think I gained with each pregnancy and kept that weight until the next one.

Looks good Price!!!

Roz

on Maintenance

Price S.
on 2/26/16 10:07 am - Mills River, NC

These days I bounce between 132-134.  I don't really remember when I was heavy, about bouncing, probably because I tried to stay off the scale as much as possible.  When I did WW and when I was losing, I did not stall and just went straight down, slowly sometime, but never bouncing.  It is frustrating when I don't see any difference in my eating or think I have done really good and end up higher the next day. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

MajorMom
on 2/25/16 4:24 pm - VA

Roz, I may have to shop for belts for my dress pants....no time to eat at work either.

Hi guys,

BITES: (DS Maintenance Mode)
Pre-B - protein coffee with 1/2 & 1/2 (30g)
S - 2+ regular coffees w/1/2&1/2
S - Greek yogurt w/blueberries
L - protein shake (30g)
S - 2 Babybel cheeses
D - steak and salad
S - popcorn

VITES:
morning batch: done
calcium batches: done
iron: stopped
evening batch: done
heme iron: pending

EXERCITES:
walking and stairs

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Roz !!!!
on 2/26/16 9:51 am - Butler, PA

I was thinking a belt might help and then I realized I don't have belt loops.  I might try tacking the sides.  I always wear longer shirts so no one will see that and then I can remove the stitching if my weight comes back.  Since I move my bowels every day now I haven't had any bloating which is keeping my pants up.  I've went my whole life struggling to go to the bathroom so this is all very strange to me.

Sounds Good Gina!

Roz

on Maintenance

(deactivated member)
on 2/25/16 10:12 pm

I can't help it on the carbs but I need them for the time being. Seems like everyone eats way too little on this site.

B - 2 eggs, 2 small sausage pattys & 1 slice cheese on roll

B- Small OJ or Milk

s- 2 cups of fruit

L - Turkey Rueben, Berry Hot tea with 4 packets of sugar

s - Candy bar

s - Dunkin Dounuts Ice Tea with lemon & sugar

s - Sugar Jelly Donut

D - Stuffed Pepper

s- Cappuchino Blast from Baskin Robbins

s - 3 slices of ham, 1 Slice of Cheese

s- 1/2 Pastachio Nuts

Vites:

2 Iron pills

2 calcium citrate pills

1 A, D, E

2 Centrum Complete

Stats: 6'1 male, 19 bmi (started at 300lbs nov 2014, now at 145lbs - lowest was 137 a couple of months ago).

Goal Weight = 175lbs

MajorMom
on 2/26/16 2:15 am - VA

We probably do eat very light and low carb. We are fighting the slow metabolism most women have. After a few years our metabolisms return to near pre-surgery levels. So, you see us jumping back on the "diet" wagon. I think your menu looks fine for your current height, weight and BMI. You may not see weight regain until several more years but you'll want to weigh once a week or perhaps once a month to monitor. Keep the protein as high as you can so you build some muscle mass back. You might even look at the weight gainer protein supplements. Those might be more healthy than adding empty calories, carbs, etc. 

--gina

******GOAL*******

Join us on the
Lightweights Board!

(deactivated member)
on 2/26/16 6:26 am

OK thanks Gina. I agree with your advice.

One question - I think you had the DS like me. Mine was a modified DS (SADi) but my question is this: Doesn't the malabsorbtion mean you can eat a lot more than most people and not gain.

For example, I would think if me and a friend both ate a pint of Hagen Daz every day, he'd be fat as a house in a few months, and I'd be close to the same weight but on the toilet all day.

MajorMom
on 2/26/16 3:19 pm - VA

lol  Yeah, I agree with being on the toilet all day from sugar from the Hagen Daz. But, just because you can doesn't mean you should...who would want to live on the toilet and be skinny? Anyway, the malabsorption and the restriction work together at first synergistically. Over time they go back to almost pre-surgery times.

You want to keep your sleeve as tight as possible for as long as possible. Don't stretch-out your sleeve by stuffing it full all the time with dense food. The malabsorption starts to give way because your body is starving for nutrients, if you aren't supplementing like crazy. Your intestine will try to adapt and start absorbing more fat and calories. I'm not really sure how to explain that, maybe your surgeon can explain how they can adapt over time to absorb more fat but still not absorb micro nutrients.

Bottom line, this awesome time of eating everything your heart desires without gaining any weight won't last forever--at least not for most of us.    

******GOAL*******

Join us on the
Lightweights Board!

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 362 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 488 views