Happy Monday LW's!

italianspice
on 2/15/16 5:20 am - Eastlake, OH

So glad the weekend is over, what a crazy weekend at work!

Not so happy that I scheduled a dentist appointment for this morning! Note to self, double check the date when they schedule your appointment 6 months ahead of time. lol

Really trying not to let the metal monster (scale) get me down. My attititude is not very positive at the moment, bouncing up and down all week. Why is trying to get rid of 11-12 pounds seem so tough! I guess because it is going slow. I was 160  around Thanksgiving, this week have seen 150-153. 

The bariatrician would like me to be a 140, and I would like to be there too. 

Any tips on what motivates you guys?

Have a great Monday! Trying to stay positive!

~Maria

SW 230 Preop 205 GW 130 LW 131 CW 135 Ht 5'1"

Roz !!!!
on 2/15/16 11:06 am - Butler, PA

I'm not sure what motivates me other than my scale.  I get on it every morning and that kind of tells me how my day is going to go as far as eating.  I have a range of 3 lbs.  As long as I'm in my range I don't make any major changes but I do watch my carbs more at the top of the range for a few days. 

I can't remember how far out you are but the fact that you are still dropping weight shows you are doing a great job......!!!!

Are you a normal BMI yet?   Have you tried increasing your "good" Proteins for 3 days or so and then drop back down to your norm? Sometimes that shocks your system into losing again.

I think Slow is so much better than fast!!   If you have to work for it chances are it's not going to come back!!

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Roz !!!!
on 2/15/16 11:08 am - Butler, PA

I just checked and you are 5 years out....that's awesome that you are still losing!!!!!  Dedication....YEAH!!!!!!

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Price S.
on 2/15/16 11:46 am - Mills River, NC

It is really hard when I bounce around and I KNOW I haven't eaten 3500 extra calories to gain.  I have figured out that I am usually up the day after muscle pump.  Maybe my muscles swell?  You would think I would be down, not up.  Sometimes I have no clue why I am up or down. 

The pouch test really did show me that I can eat far less than I was eating and still not be hungry.  That has helped me stay motivated.  And I have pulled out the measuring cups so I know how much I am eating.  I need to replace my scale, new battery didn't revive it.  I'm probably eating larger portions of protein than 4 oz but I tell myself ITS PROTEIN and don't worry so much.

You will get there.  And I will get back to 125ish.  Just will take us a lot longer now that it did before.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

italianspice
on 2/16/16 4:11 am - Eastlake, OH

Thanks for your responses. I really appreciate it.

I guess it all comes back to the whole mental aspect of this journey.

Patience is needed. 

Hugs!

Maria

goldlove1
on 2/16/16 6:59 am

WOW I was beating myself up this week as well. Feel like I should be further along.

You guys keep me motivated and give me hope. I am trying to stay positive as well!!!

Glad I'm not the only one.

Goldlove RNY 8/18/15 5'3 HW:245 SW:235 CW: 175 GW:140

lerkhart
on 2/17/16 2:23 pm

Hi Maria,

I'm late posting, haven't been on since Saturday.  I'm not one to offer advice since I'm battling myself. 

Wow, if your going down that is great. 

The regain I have had seems impossible to get off.  I know that exercise will help, if it ever warms up.

Good luck!

Linda

14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
italianspice
on 2/29/16 9:29 am - Eastlake, OH

Thanks Linda!

Hope you are doing well. 

~Maria

SW 230 Preop 205 GW 130 LW 131 CW 135 Ht 5'1"

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 362 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 488 views