Moving on to the next phase....is so exciting!!

davenportcrd0106
on 2/3/16 1:26 pm

I am finally on the other side of surgery!!!! I was sleeved 1 week ago.  Am very excited to start the phase.  ?.  Was just wondering what the average weight loss is for us "Lightweights" 1-2 weeks after surgery?   Also, did anyone use a stomach binder?

VSG. 01/26/16

(deactivated member)
on 2/3/16 8:26 pm

I don't think there is a valid average, and your size, physical condition and type of surgery will all be important factors.

in the few couple of weeks, I thought I was down at least 20lbs but it turned out to only be about 10. I was more of the turtle than hare, and after 9 months it was 140lbs. at which point I switched to maintenance mode or at least tried to be there.

I'm 14 months out now and down the same 140 while eating a pretty normal diet, about 2k plus calories a day. My weight is very low and I plan to gain back 20 to 25 lbs slowly over the next 1 to 2 years while incorporating fitness training.

It's a long journey and your better off as the turtle.

Jerry Garcia - "What a long strange trip it's been!"

davenportcrd0106
on 2/4/16 4:51 am

Thank you! I'm wondering if I will also be a turtle.  Actually, I am ok with that!  Why are you trying to re-gain weight? Did you loose to much? Is that possible? I hope I'm not being rude, I am asking because I don't know.

(deactivated member)
on 2/4/16 5:53 pm

Yes I lost too much weight but I had no say in the matter. Your body keeps losing until it's ready to stop. For me, the weight loss continued until I was down in the mid 130's. I'm 6'1 male who started close to 300lbs so I my case I had to stop losing any way possible.

At this point, I could can 30lbs and still be very thin, so as long as I'm careful and building muscle I'll be happy to gain a bit.

Price S.
on 2/5/16 4:59 am - Mills River, NC

It does happen on rare occasions that your body doesn't want to stop losing.  We had one member with a revision, Lady Tazz, that had a hard time stabilizing then when she did, she was much lower than she wanted to be.  She ended up finding a healthy way to eat and be happy with where she was (not at her lowest but still considered underweight).  Hope you will too. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Roz !!!!
on 2/4/16 7:11 am - Butler, PA

Congrats!!!!!   You are going to be on the most exciting ride of your life!!!!  Everyone's body is different and we all lose at a different pace so it's way to hard to judge.

I did not wear a binder but with all of my C-Sections, Hysterectomy, and then my RNY I wore a a light weight panty girdle and it was just enough to hold everything in place and a lot more comfortable than a binder.

I NEVER suggest and in fact I warn everyone not to stop to early and about going into "regain" mode.  Your body knows when to stop and the only way you can regain is by bringing old habits back into your life and the chance of regaining all of your weight back is a real risk.

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

davenportcrd0106
on 2/4/16 7:41 am

Thanks Roz. You are such an inspiration and have such a wealth of information!

Price S.
on 2/4/16 7:48 am - Mills River, NC

We are all different as everyone has said but I found the post surgery estimator on this site under "more" to be very helpful to me.  It estimates what you will lose each month going from where you started to where you want to end up.  Every time I thought I was being really slow, I checked it and was right on track.  It was comforting to me.

It is quite a ride    Hang on and stay in touch.

no binder here.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Roz !!!!
on 2/4/16 12:41 pm, edited 2/4/16 4:42 am - Butler, PA

I've never looked at that.  Where is "MORE" at on this site?

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Price S.
on 2/5/16 4:55 am - Mills River, NC

At the very top in the blue.  If you click on it you get 2 boxes, one is resources.  Click on that and post surgery estimator is there.  Very handy.

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 362 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 488 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 543 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 560 views