Things I still find amusing after 5.5 years post op

italianspice
on 1/28/16 6:07 am - Eastlake, OH

Last night we went to Olive Garden for dinner to celebrate our 21st wedding anniversary. So my husband loves their stuffed mushrooms, so I picked 2 of the smallest and enjoyed those, then came the salad (which we didnt finish)  and a bread stick. I usually stay away from the bread but I was hungry and had a little carbernet in me! lol So needless to say when my chicken piccatta came, I was no longer hungry.

The waitress was already confused because I did not order anything to drink, had the wine at the bar while we waited for our table. I usually will just order a water to stop that, but forgot.  She was worried that I did not like the food or something was wrong with it, I had a couple of bites. Even the manager stopped by to see if we were ok.

At this point, I almost tried to explain that I had weight loss surgery, but didnt. It was a little uncomfortable. My husband just grinned at me, he is used to it.

Now if I appeared to be more petite, I wonder if anyone would have mentioned anything? No one ever makes a fuss over my 100 pound sister when she doesnt finish something, they just bring her a to go box.

Things that make me still go Hmmmm?

~Maria

SW 230 Preop 205 GW 130 LW 131 CW 135 Ht 5'1"

Roz !!!!
on 1/28/16 10:01 am - Butler, PA

I'm betting you look so darn good that they can't believe your dieting so there logical reason is that you don't like the food.  If you were heavy they probably wouldn't even mention it and if you were super petite they would just figure you don't each much.

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Price S.
on 1/28/16 10:52 am - Mills River, NC

Sounds way too familiar.  When we go out, I will eat a piece of bread if it is really good bread (never at home) most of my salad, then dinner comes and I am done.  Maybe a bite or two.  Then ask for a box.  I figure, the salad won't be good the next day but the main dish will be so eat the salad, save the main dish. 

but no one seems to care.  Like it happens all the time.  But I agree with Roz, I bet you look great and I loved all the wedding pictures on FB!!!

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Roz !!!!
on 1/28/16 11:13 am - Butler, PA

Wedding Pictures???????

Roz

on Maintenance

italianspice
on 1/28/16 1:01 pm - Eastlake, OH

Let's see if I can put some here. I have them on Facebook. Maria Putney.

cant seem to do pics from my phone, I need a teenager! Lol

~Maria

Roz !!!!
on 1/28/16 1:46 pm - Butler, PA

Happy Anniversary!!!  Love the pictures Beautiful Bride and  Gorgeous Dress!!!

Roz

on Maintenance

italianspice
on 1/28/16 5:38 pm - Eastlake, OH

Thank you Roz! 

~Maria

(deactivated member)
on 1/29/16 9:31 pm

I also never finish a restaurant meal, and the waiter or mgr often ask if I didn't like the food. I always tell them it's fine and ask to have the rest wrapped.

i can eat about 2k calories a day whi*****ludes 150 to 250 grams of carbs, pretty close to normal. One thing to keep in mind is restaurant meals and take out are almost always too much food for a non WLS patron, so the WLS customers have no chance to finish all that food. 

Its not really a bad thing.

FYI - I'm a 6'1 guy getting asked these same questions. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 362 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 488 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 543 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 560 views