Menus and Miles Sunday Jan. 24th

Roz !!!!
on 1/24/16 5:16 am - Butler, PA

WARNING TO SELF AND TO ANYONE WHO WILL LISTEN!!! AVOID 'BAD' CARBS AT ALL COSTS!!! THEY ARE ADDICTING!! THEY WILL SLOW DOWN YOUR WEIGHT LOSS DURING THE LOSING STAGE (and you won't even notice)!! THEY WILL MAKE THE SCALE GO UP AFTER THE HONEYMOON PERIOD IS OVER.

Success in Maintenance starts with GOOD CHOICES during the Honeymoon Period.

I feel I need to repeat this: I am a FIRM believer in Good Whey Protein Drinks!!!!! I have IC (Irritable Bladder Syndrome) and I can only have them while I'm not having a flare up. It is sooooo much harder to do Maintenance without them!

Morning LW's!!!!  Sitting here enjoying my Protein drink and watching the birds fly from limb to limb.  I hope all of my LW friends and their families are all safe from the snow storm. We barely got any snow.  In fact I can see more grass than snow which is strange for PA in Jan.
  DH is really struggling with extra heartbeats.  We are hoping they do the procedure sometime this week.  By using my own experience of excess sugar and caffeine I've been trying to make him understand that eating those things might make it worse but he is stubborn and won't listen.  Yesterday was DGSons 3rd birthday party and I know DH way over did it on cake, ice cream, and Pepsi and then last night his heart was going crazy.  Today I'm going to try reasoning with him again. 

Maintenance 7+ years

Breakfast:

Protein:   Matrix Mint Cookie 35g

Snack:     Baby Bell Lite Cheese

Lunch:     Hungry for a BLT

Protein:   Matrix Mint Cookie 35g

Snack:     Laughing Cow Lite swiss cheese, 6 saltines

Dinner:    ?

Snack:     3 TB's Popcorn with a little salt and oil

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

italianspice
on 1/24/16 6:06 am, edited 1/24/16 9:59 am - Eastlake, OH

Good morning Roz!

So sorry to hear about your hubby's heart rate. So frustrating. Maybe he will connect the sugar and the caffiene with feeling worse. Maybe you should ask the cardiologist too, maybe hearing from the doc will reinforce what youre telling him.

It's cold here in Cleveland, everything is snow covered still from the last storm, I hope all our friends on the east coast are staying warm and safe!

B hot lemon water, Protein coffee 29g

S cutie orange with my iron and vit c

L 2 oz oven baked chicken breast 2 oz oven baked ham and light mozzarella cheese stick

protein pudding

D Baked penne with ground meat and cheese 1 cup ( more meat and cheese and a few penne) , a little salad with italian dressing

S red globe grapes cutie

Vites done

Fluids 64 oz

Miles 4.5 miles on the treadmill

~Maria

SW 230 Preop 205 GW 130 LW 131 CW 135 Ht 5'1"

Roz !!!!
on 1/24/16 12:58 pm, edited 1/24/16 4:56 am - Butler, PA

I think my DD's are taking some teams to an all-star cheer competition in Cleveland next weekend.  I've been wanting to go but I have to see whats going on with DH. 

Sounds Good!  I hope you finish the day out strong!!!

Roz

on Maintenance

italianspice
on 1/24/16 6:03 pm - Eastlake, OH

If you make it here to Cleveland, would love to meet you! Let me know Roz.

Roz !!!!
on 1/24/16 1:09 pm - Butler, PA

The Dr. asks him every single time about drinking Mountain Dew and Pepsi but DH just smiles at him. Thanks goodness the extra cake is at DD's house!

Roz

on Maintenance

JB1114
on 1/24/16 11:19 am - Grain Valley, MO

Good afternoon!!  I hope to get back to posting here on a regular basis.  I started a temp job last Wednesday at a small tax preparation office.  There are only 6 of us, very nice people and the office is immaculate which I love.  The will be buying groceries starting Feb. 1 so we don't have to worry about going out for lunch.  I always take my lunch but now I can eat free plus he pays me for my lunch time in case I get interrupted or have to delay my lunch.

Sorry to hear your DH is having problems.  My DH is the opposite.  Whatever the doctor tells him to do he does it.  Sugar is not my friend and I'm so glad it isn't.  Too much makes me sick and will keep me awake. 

I joined Weigh****chers a few weeks ago.  I kept telling myself I wasn't going to pay for losing weight.  My best friend had joined and was doing so well.  A few years ago she lost 80 lbs., quit going and regained all the weight.  She had so much stress in her life, had a couple bad weeks and didn't go to meetings, so I said I would go with her to encourage her to get back in the saddle.  They came out with the new program that day and it is much like the bariatric plan with the exception it allows more carbs but only healthy carbs.  I really like the new plan and have been very successful losing about a lb. a week.  Unfortunately, my friend quit WWs.  She couldn't get the WW app to work on her phone so she cancelled her membership.

No Internet at my job so I have to do that at home. 

Today's Eats:

Light English Muffin w/PB

Protein shake

Round steak; carrots

Not sure what else

Protein drink

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

Roz !!!!
on 1/24/16 1:06 pm - Butler, PA

I'm glad you like your job.  Hopefully they buy some healthy meals for you to pick from.

I've heard the new WW plan is pretty good.  Some of our other posters continued going right after they had WLS.  If helps you get back on track go for it! It's too bad your friend quit already but it's a personal thing and she just isn't ready yet.

Glad to see you are still getting your Protein drinks in. Do they have any thing like that on your WW plan?

Roz

on Maintenance

Price S.
on 1/24/16 12:25 pm - Mills River, NC

We are up to 40 so are beginning to see some melting.  I finally found someone to scrap the drive so I should be able to get out tomorrow.  All my appts have been cancelled however because no one else can get out.  a foot of snow just paralyses folks here.  Shoveling was my only exercise.

decaf protein coffee  33g
eggbeaters, cheese
lemon tea protein 13g
ham and cheese soup
Caribbean cooler protein 13g
lentil soup
protein shake or hot chocolate  33g

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Roz !!!!
on 1/24/16 1:10 pm - Butler, PA

YEAH for the 40's!!!  It's 32 here and it was a whole lot easier going outside this morning.

Sounds Good Price!

Roz

on Maintenance

lerkhart
on 1/24/16 1:44 pm

Hi Roz,

Hope they can get DH fixed up next week.  I would think the caffeine would make his heart race.  When they told my DH he had high cholesterol and he could probably control it by diet, he told her just to give him the medicine!!

B:  Protein Decaf Coffee
S;  Decaf Coffee
S;  Lemon Tea Protein Drink
L:  Hamburger Patty, turnip greens, spoonful of corn
S:  Unsweet tea - for the protein powder
D:  Popcorn
S:  Protein Hot Chocolate

Vitamins:  Done
Water/Fluids:  90 ozs
Miles:  Walked 1/2 mile

Linda

14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 362 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 488 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 543 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 560 views