Recap of the 5 day pouch test

Price S.
on 1/19/16 4:58 am - Mills River, NC

In a spirit of true honesty, I thought I needed to add another update to this post.  I am happy with doing the 5 day pouch test and know that everyone will have their own results, which may differ from mine. I was 137 on Sunday, Jan 10 and 132 on Sunday one week later.  My menus are posted for Sunday, Monday and Tues of this week and they are 100% accurate.  Monday I was 134, Tuesday 135.  I have not eaten over 1000 calories and basically 0 carbs (yes, a few in the cheese or beans but no white anything) since then.  I can justify some of the gain this morning because I had ham last night so my sodium was up and I often see a gain after muscle pump, I think due to swelling of worked muscles.  So we will see what the rest of the week brings.  I am basically back to where I was on Monday before starting the 5 day pouch test. 

I do not regret doing it one bit because I did realize and will continue to use the 1 cup / meal, which is fine with my body,  and keep off the carbs.  Hopefully, the scale will go back to 132 before Sunday.  I have always been a bouncer and maybe this is just another bounce.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

italianspice
on 1/20/16 1:00 pm - Eastlake, OH

Congrats Price!

I do love the 5DPT, I know there is a lot of controversy about it. As for me I am a believer. I use it like a tool to help me reset myself. I got both her books on my kindle, and her story sounds like mine, the further we get out from surgery the easier it is to get off track.

It really helps me break the carb cycle and I love that feeling of my pouch still working.

Keep up the good work!

So excited for you!

~Maria

SW 230 Preop 205 GW 130 LW 131 CW 135 Ht 5'1"

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 362 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 488 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 543 views