miles and Menus, January 16, 2016

Price S.
on 1/16/16 1:39 pm - Mills River, NC

It's been sunny and cold and windy here today.  The sun was deceiving and I drove Teke but the wind made it much colder than I thought it would be. 

decaf protein coffee  33g
scrambled eggs
lemon tea protein 13g
1c white bean chili, 1oz cheese
lemon tea protein 13g
brunswieger 1/2oz
4 oz chicken breast baked coated with parm, 1/2c green beans
hot chocolate protein 23g

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Caligirl05
on 1/16/16 6:19 pm

Hi there! I'm new to this so can you please tell me what is protein coffee and lemon tea protein and where can I get it? Some days (like today) I just don't feel like eating so it would be nice to get my protein in this way. Thanks! 

Price S.
on 1/17/16 4:47 am - Mills River, NC

Welcome to the lightweights.  Protein drinks are a great way to get your fluid and protein all at one time.  We each have a little difference in how we make protein coffee or decaf but here is mine.  I brew a 5c coffee maker of decaf, DH still drinks regular.  Then I mix about 1.5scoops of protein powder in warm water with a spoon, about 2/3 cup water.  Then I used the protein to "cream" my coffee.  Don't try mixing the powder directly into the hot coffee.  Won't work that way.  Some use milk instead of water.  I usually use about 1/5 scoop of vanilla, 1 scoop of mint cookie for a really yummy drink, but I have done vanilla, chocolate, chocolate carmel, cinnamon vanilla, whatever. 

Lemon tea is a powder from Syntrax.  I can't get it but order it on line.  All of the protein I use is theirs and it is low carb and mixes really well.  Lemon tea will foam if you put it in a blender bottle and shake but it mixes fine with a spoon.  In this cold weather, I like to heat about 15 oz of water to hot tea temp, then in a small cup with warm water, mix my lemon tea and a tube of crystal light (generic) peach tea, temper it with the ho****er then mix together for a great hot drink.  These days, 5 yrs out, I just use 1/2scoop because I can get a lot of protein from food but in the beginning, I did a whole scoop.  It's also good in the summer mixed the same way but with cold water and ice.

If you google Syntrax you can order a sample pack for a reasonable price. Then you can try a bunch of their protein without buying a whole tub. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

MajorMom
on 1/17/16 3:08 am - VA

Hi guys,

BITES: (DS Maintenance Mode)
Pre-B - protein coffee with 1/2 & 1/2 (30g)
B - 1/2 cup Greek yogurt w/blueberries
S - 2 regular coffees w/1/2&1/2
S - 1 oz Farmer's Cheese and 3oz ham
L - 1 cup homemade veggie/beef soup
S - peanuts
S - Greek yogurt
D - chikcen chili
S - 1/2 cup CarbSmart ice cream

VITES:
morning batch: done
calcium batches: done
iron: done (told I need to stop all iron for 2 weeks...ferrittin is a little high)
evening batch: done
heme iron: stopping for 2 weeks

EXERCITES:
laundry and housework

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Price S.
on 1/17/16 4:48 am - Mills River, NC

Looks like you are in soup mode too, lol.  Looks good.

MajorMom
on 1/17/16 4:56 am - VA

Still have a few a quart or 2 left. It's supposed to be a snowy mix here today...nothing goes better with a snowy forecast than homemade veggie beef soup.  

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 362 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 488 views