Menus and Miles Saturday Jan. 2nd

Roz !!!!
on 1/2/16 7:32 am, edited 1/2/16 3:49 pm - Butler, PA

WARNING TO SELF AND TO ANYONE WHO WILL LISTEN!!! AVOID 'BAD' CARBS AT ALL COSTS!!! THEY ARE ADDICTING!! THEY WILL SLOW DOWN YOUR WEIGHT LOSS DURING THE LOSING STAGE (and you won't even notice)!! THEY WILL MAKE THE SCALE GO UP AFTER THE HONEYMOON PERIOD IS OVER.

Success in Maintenance starts with GOOD CHOICES during the Honeymoon Period.

I feel I need to repeat this: I am a FIRM believer in Good Whey Protein Drinks!!!!! I have IC (Irritable Bladder Syndrome) and I can only have them while I'm not having a flare up. It is sooooo much harder to do Maintenance without them!

Morning LW's!!!   It's been 3 weeks today since my bowel obstruction repair and I'm still feeling weak and crappy.  I've been trying really hard to eat and get my Protein in.  My scales have been moving down every day and since right before surgery I was up a few pounds I was ok with that but now I'm below my comfort zone and getting a little concerned.

Maintenance 7+ years

Breakfast:  Oatmeal and a little brown sugar

Protein: Matrix Mint Cookie 35g

Snack:  

Lunch:     Rolled up deli meat and cheese

Protein:  Matrix Mint Cookie 35g

Snack:    Laughing Cow Lite Swiss with 6 Saltines

Snack:    2 Small tootsie Rolls

Dinner:   Ground beef, noodles and butter

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

lerkhart
on 1/2/16 1:04 pm

Hi Roz,

Are you able to eat?  I think it is harder to get your protein in since you can't do protein drinks anymore.  I still depend on them for a lot of my protein.  Are you getting plenty of fluids?  Sometimes I feel bad if I don't get my fluids in.  Hope you feel better.

Here's the plan for today.  I've made it to almost 4:00pm, maybe I can make it the rest of the day.

B:  Protein Decaf Coffee
S:  Decaf Coffee
S:  Lemon Tea Protein Drink - 1/2 scoop of Protein(I'm almost out)
L:  1/2 cup chili, 2 tbls cheese, 6 Pita Chips
S:  Crunch Choco Treat Bar(low sugar, carb)
S:  100 calorie popcorn
D:  1/4 cup black eye peas, 1/2 cup philly cheesesteak casserole, 6 pita chips

Vitamins:  Done
Water/Fluids:  80 ozs so far
Miles:  3.2 walk/jog

Calories 1194, Protein 105 grams, net carbs 84, Sugar 19, Fat 42

I am back to weighing and measuring today so hopefully that will help me some...

Linda

14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Roz !!!!
on 1/2/16 3:16 pm - Butler, PA

I've been able to drink the Chocolate Mint Protein but I can't drink the Lemon Tea.  I wrote the company and asked about the Caffeine because that's a big nono with IC and the chocolate doesn't have it but the Lemon tea does.  My IC has been under control for awhile now....knock on wood....lol.

I've been trying to eat small bites all day long.  I was shocked when I bounced between 116-117.

I hope you finish the day off strong!!!!

Roz

on Maintenance

(deactivated member)
on 1/3/16 8:08 am - Canada

I'm sorry to ask Roz but I guess I missed that you were ill? I did read that you were in the hospital. I see you reference to IC. Can I ask what that is? Is it something that developed due to weight loss? Trying to learn from everyone's experiences. Thanks and take care. Chris

Roz !!!!
on 1/3/16 9:20 pm - Butler, PA

I was diagnosed a couple of years ago with IC which is Irritable Bladder Syndrome.   It has nothing to do with my weight loss.  I found a Nurse Practitioner who suffers with it too and is over run with patients.  I don't remember a time in my life when I wasn't having a bladder infection.  They just never seemed to go away but now I know that the Drs. treated the symptoms but never solved the problem. My bladder is super sensitive to additives in food, caffeine, acidy foods, preservatives, etc. I have meds I take every day it's much better now and if I have a flare up then she gives me an injection in my bladder that calms it down.

On Dec. 12th I had emergency surgery on a bowel blockage.  I've always had trouble going to the bathroom but I guess I had a ton of scar tissue from having 3 C-Sections, Hysterectomy, gall bladder removed and my WLS. 

Roz

on Maintenance

Roz !!!!
on 1/3/16 9:27 pm - Butler, PA

My new little Grandon's name is Kingston.  All 3 boys have city names.  Where is your Kingston located at?

Roz

on Maintenance

(deactivated member)
on 1/4/16 4:25 pm - Canada

Thanks for responding Roz. Sounds like you are getting very good care. My Kingston is located in Ontario, Canada. That is where my bariatric centre is. I don't live there but do work there. I'm about an hour west of Kingston in a small town named Belleville.

Price S.
on 1/2/16 1:18 pm - Mills River, NC

You know, that is why my PCP is always ok with my weight up a little.  They are concerned that if I am too thin and get sick I won't have the reserve to deal with it.  On a happier note, maybe now you will get your golden apple?

I drove Teke today after it warmed up some.  My field is finally drying out some, at least in the high spots.

decaf protein coffee  33g
scrambled eggs w/ cheese
lemon tea protein  13g
leftover pork roast, collards
lemon tea protein  13g
braunsweiger
chicken strips, green beans
protein shake or hot chocolate  33g

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Roz !!!!
on 1/2/16 3:43 pm - Butler, PA

I think I will be on my death bed before I get a gold apple....LOL.  I think my DH would force feed me if I started getting that low....haha.  I've worn the same 6 pairs of dress pants for the last 5 years and they are getting really loose.  There is no way I want to go out and buy new clothes. I'm hoping this is just a fluke and tomorrow I'll be in my comfort range again....although I really did like 112 when I was there...

I think with all of the hard work you do Price you need to way more.  Me on the other hand rarely even carry the groceries into the house.  the heaviest thing I lift is my chubby 9 month old grandson which is off limits right now.

We are suppose to get 2-4" by tomorrow sometime.

How do you make your Hot Chocolate?

Sounds Good!

Roz

on Maintenance

Price S.
on 1/2/16 4:02 pm - Mills River, NC

Glad you got to read my message before it became your message again.  I did report it but haven't heard anything back.

2-4" of rain or snow??  It really is getting to be winter after December being so warm.

For the hot chocolate, I use a 25 calorie swiss miss, whatever kind of fake milk I have, usually almond, cashew or coconut, all unsweetened 25-40 calories a cup, and a scoop of chocolate protein.  I heat the milk and mix the hot chocolate in, then mix the protein in a small amount of warm water and mix them together.  The hot chocolate doesn't mix very well but it does help it taste a little richer.  Sometimes I put somekind of SF syurp in, caramel, peppermint or toffee.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 362 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 488 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 543 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 560 views