HOW'S EVERYONE DOING?

Roz !!!!
on 12/17/15 5:28 am - Butler, PA

I've missed my LW's!!!!!   Thanks so much Gina and Price for covering for me...... This month has been our craziest by far. 

We left on our Disney Cruise the Saturday after Thanksgiving and except for the food we had such a great time.  Since food doesn't rule my life any more I did much better than DH who joked about the food at every meal but inside.....  Since we were with our DD's it wasn't any big deal because they are used to him...lol.

2 days later DH was admitted to the hospital because his heart kept skipping beats and beating too hard.  He got out Tues/Wed (?) and then I went to the emergency room late Friday night and had emergency surgery on a Bowel obstruction.  He said there was lots of scar tissue from my WLS but I'm betting some of it was from my 3-CSections and Hysterectomy. 

Surgery went well.  I got out of the hospital on Tuesday and finally today I'm feeling a "little" normal. I was excited to get on the scale because I was too sick to eat after surgery but when I went to put my dress pants on to come home there was a good 4" that wouldn't even come close to closing!!!  Thank God it was cold enough I had to wear a coat.  The scale was up 6 lbs. when I got home!!   I hadn't seen that number for over 6 years!!!!! 

Things are a little better today.  I'm down 4 lbs., I finally went to the bathroom, and I can get out of bed without rolling...lol.  I go to my PCP tomorrow but I don't see the Surgeon until next Wed. so I have no idea when I'll be allowed to go back to work.  I'm not going to ru****  I know at my age it's going to take me longer to recover but I'm feeling blessed that I went into surgery a much healthier person.

DD has been doing my Christmas Shopping. I already had lists made up and have been checking prices. I decided this was going to be the year to start cutting back.  With 9 Grandkids the pile of gifts was getting a little out of control and since everyone knows I can't be shopping it works out perfectly. DH always does the wrapping and his job is going to be so much easier this year.

Now that I've caught up....Catch me up on YOU!!!

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Price S.
on 12/17/15 9:50 am, edited 12/17/15 4:18 pm - Mills River, NC

I've missed my LW's!!!!!   Thanks so much Gina and Price for covering for me...... This month has been our craziest by far. 

We left on our Disney Cruise the Saturday after Thanksgiving and except for the food we had such a great time.  Since food doesn't rule my life any more I did much better than DH who joked about the food at every meal but inside.....  Since we were with our DD's it wasn't any big deal because they are used to him...lol.

2 days later DH was admitted to the hospital because his heart kept skipping beats and beating too hard.  He got out Tues/Wed (?) and then I went to the emergency room late Friday night and had emergency surgery on a Bowel obstruction.  He said there was lots of scar tissue from my WLS but I'm betting some of it was from my 3-CSections and Hysterectomy. 

Surgery went well.  I got out of the hospital on Tuesday and finally today I'm feeling a "little" normal. I was excited to get on the scale because I was too sick to eat after surgery but when I went to put my dress pants on to come home there was a good 4" that wouldn't even come close to closing!!!  Thank God it was cold enough I had to wear a coat.  The scale was up 6 lbs. when I got home!!   I hadn't seen that number for over 6 years!!!!! 

Things are a little better today.  I'm down 4 lbs., I finally went to the bathroom, and I can get out of bed without rolling...lol.  I go to my PCP tomorrow but I don't see the Surgeon until next Wed. so I have no idea when I'll be allowed to go back to work.  I'm not going to ru****  I know at my age it's going to take me longer to recover but I'm feeling blessed that I went into surgery a much healthier person.

DD has been doing my Christmas Shopping. I already had lists made up and have been checking prices. I decided this was going to be the year to start cutting back.  With 9 Grandkids the pile of gifts was getting a little out of control and since everyone knows I can't be shopping it works out perfectly. DH always does the wrapping and his job is going to be so much easier this year.

Now that I've caught up....Catch me up on YOU!!!

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Roz !!!!
on 12/17/15 4:38 pm - Butler, PA

Price your post was hear but now it's not??? 

You and Gina are such GEMS!!!!

I've been wondering how Thanksgiving went with your future SIL.  Did you like him?  Is this the first you saw the ring?

What kind of zero turn did your DH buy?  We are buying one in the spring.  He found one that was returned to Lowes and repaired but it was gone when he went to buy it.  He was sooo bummed.

I've been working hard to stay away from the carbs while I'm home.  My stomach hurts so bad and I keep thinking carbs would make it feel so much better so it's really a tough battle. Tomorrow I go to my PCP and even though I know it's swelling those scales are going to freak me out.

The surgeon I had performs the Sleeve and RNY and he didn't know what dumping was!!!!!!  Every day I had to make a big deal about the fruit juices, pudding, jello, sugar packs etc. they brought me. My SIL had him about 8 years ago and has gained all of her's back and her health is awful.  I understand now why. I went to his office originally but he didn't want to see me until after my required 6 month and testing was complete.  That's when I changed my mind and decided to go to a Bariatric Center.  He is a well known surgeon but his after care must be -0-.

Roz

on Maintenance

Price S.
on 12/17/15 7:25 pm - Mills River, NC

That is really weird because now your post is under my name.  Crazy!!

I did like the new SIL to be.  He is very cute and sweet and they make a great couple.  The ring is beautiful, very antique looking and great on her small hands but very impressive.  We found a beautiful wedding dress for her and she just looked like a princess. 

I've done great today but it hasn't been easy.  I just have to keep it up because I hate feeling like this and looking like this.  My pants are getting tight and I AM NOT buying a larger size. 

Hospital food sucks.  When I was in for my knee surgery I couldn't believe the carbs and sweets.  At least you are home now and have a little more control.  I imagine the pain is just surgery pain.  It should be better a little each day. 

Healing thoughts coming your way.  I wonder where my post is, lol???

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Roz !!!!
on 12/18/15 5:01 am, edited 12/17/15 9:00 pm - Butler, PA

My post under your name has happened several times before.  I'm glad it lets me read it before it disappears. 

I'm soooo glad you like the new SIL!!!  That's sooo important.  The ones we have liked turned out great but the several boyfriends that our one DD has had turned into divorce and separation.  I loved wedding dress shopping!!!!!

We've heard so many good things about the zero turn and they all say they are good on hills.  I guess it takes a little while to learn how to maneuver them but your DH and mine are use to using big machinery.

You can do this Price!!!!!  Have you started working out as much as you were before?  Up your protein and decarb your house!!!!

My Surgeon just didn't understand how important keeping my weight off was to me.  He definitely didn't have a weight problem. Every day I asked him for meds for my bladder and he kept saying he was checking on it.  My bladder is really riled up right now and I'm probably going to have to go in for an injection.

Roz

on Maintenance

Price S.
on 12/18/15 4:31 am - Mills River, NC

I forgot to add about the zero turn.  It is a cub cadet, 56" blade, used.  I had seen it in a car repair place near us and told him.  He went to try it, came home and looked up all about it, thought it was a good deal and bought it.  Saved us over 1000 getting it used and it has less than 100 hours.  The thing I am the most concerned about is mowing the hills and evidently the wider the better, plus we can finish the pasture sooner.  My friend with one says they are very stable on the hills.  We'll see in the spring.  No mowing right now.

goldlove1
on 12/17/15 11:22 am

Wow Roz

What a story. Feel better soon. Take your time!

Kacie

Goldlove RNY 8/18/15 5'3 HW:245 SW:235 CW: 175 GW:140

MajorMom
on 12/18/15 2:08 am - VA

You're welcome, Roz. Glad we could help. 

Try to get some rest and don't lift anything heavier than a gallon of milk.  Let your guts heal. 

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Jenna77
on 12/24/15 6:40 pm
VSG on 02/25/15

Glad to hear you and your hubby are okay!!!

I haven't checked in for a while and have missed you all. Things got crazy busy with school and family. I graduated from college on the 12th, my grandfather had open heart surgery, triple bypass, on the 10th. So things have been crazy.

I'm still struggling to meet goal but I know what I need to do, damn holidays are making me struggle more. I am working out at the gym twice a week but haven't ran since I think October. I need to start back exercising every day. I am 3 pounds a way from a "normal" weight. So 15 frim goal :) 

Hope you all have a Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays! 

5'1 Consult: 227 HW: 232 SW:212 CW:131 GW: 120 Pant size start: 18/20 Current: size 6/8

M1: 195 (-17) M2: 184.6 (-10.4) M3: 176.6 (-8) M4: 168.2 (-8.4) M5: 160 (-8.2) M6: 155.4 (-4.6) M7: 145.6 (-9.8) M8: 141 (-4.6) M9: 137 (-4) M10: 135.8 (-1.2) M11: 135 (-.8) M12: 131 (-4) M13: (-0) M14: (-0) M15: (-0) 

Have stopped losing pounds but am losing inches! 

lerkhart
on 12/27/15 5:38 am

I am so glad you are ok Roz!  I have not been a very good friend lately.

Linda

14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 362 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 488 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 543 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 560 views