Liquid supplement

pwarfel
on 12/11/15 1:08 pm

i got my date! January 13! I will be starting my liquid diet a week before and wondering what is a good drink. I was thinking I would do premixed stuff. I currently use a French vanilla powder with unsweetened almond coconut milk and strawberries. I will have to do away with the fruit in at and since The amount you can have afterwards is small, I figured it was easier to buy prepare. Any good suggestions, I really don't like milky tasting things.

Price S.
on 12/11/15 3:08 pm - Mills River, NC

Congrats on your date.  It will be here before you know it and we will be sliding down on the loser's bench.

Check out some of the Syntrax proteins.  They have a bunch of fruit flavors.  My favorites are Lemon Tea and Caribbean Cooler.  You can order samples from Syntrax and see what you like.  There really aren't any prepared proteins I like.  My Drs support group did a tasting night and that was helpful.  But be prepared for your taste to change after surgery.  Not sure why that happens, but it almost universally does.  Our group was also very specific about it being 100% whey protein after surgery, but I would think before you would want something that was a meal replacement instead of just a protein drink.  Our pre-surgery diet was 5 optifast shakes a day and 1 small food meal.  Then we just did one day of clear liquid the day before surgery.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Ridingthewaves
on 12/15/15 10:28 am
VSG on 12/17/15

HI, awesome!  My date is the 17th of December-TWO Days.  I am second day clear liquids.  One more after this. uggh.

I know my tastes may change but for now I like syntrax products, love the grape. www.si03.com  They may have a sample box still and for cheap.  Also Bariatric advantage coffee and chocolate flavors.  Good luck. 

bebop
on 12/18/15 1:28 pm
VSG on 12/30/15

good luck!  I am having to do a 2 week liquid ugh!

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 362 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 488 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 543 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 560 views