haven't been on much lately

Linda B.
on 4/9/14 3:21 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

Hi Everyone,

I haven't been on the boards much lately. I did post a few weeks ago that I was starting a temporary full-time teaching job, well I have just been super swamped. I teach 7 classes a day with 6 different core subjects, 8-12th grade.

I found out these kids started their year with a sub for the first couple of weeks, then the teacher who just left, now me. They have been through a few teachers in their subjects too. It is a small charter school, in a economically disadvantaged area so enrollment is stagnant. The school is closing down their high school to focus on K-8 next year. So, teachers are leaving when they find other jobs. These kids asked me the first day if I was going to bail on them too? They are a handful, many of them are acting out in class and just blowing it off. I know they have trust issues, but I am spending many hours trying to create lessons that will engage them. So, I haven't been around much.

On the positive side, I am staying in my weight comfort zone. Even with a long commute, a longer work day than most teachers (I have to be there for 8 1/2 hours), and then planning when I get home, I am happy that the scale and I are still on speaking terms. I am not as active as I would like to be at the moment, but I still manage to get two practice sessions a week. I have to do that, I am competing again in a couple of weeks.

I'll  be back more often once I get a little more time. Take care everyone.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

MajorMom
on 4/9/14 7:19 pm - VA

Good to see you posting. I cannot imagine what you and those kids are going through. Sounds like the pits. :(

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Huneypie
on 4/10/14 4:10 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Well done for hanging in there!! ;-)

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Price S.
on 4/10/14 11:53 am - Mills River, NC

glad you checked in.  It must be hard on you and the kids.  Hope you get a spring break to regroup.  Meanwhile, keep up the practice and you will do great at your next competition, I'm sure!!!

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Roz !!!!
on 4/11/14 12:24 am - Butler, PA

I'm glad you posted an update.    My DD subs so I understand a little of what you are dealing with.   for sticking it out and trying to reach these kids!!

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 362 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 487 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 543 views
Still kickin'...