OT-X-Post, competition Saturday in San Diego

Linda B.
on 2/27/14 2:53 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

I just got home from my final practice session before I compete in the California State Games on Saturday. I skate two programs about 45 minutes apart. The technical is a level higher than last time and I have only been skating this one for about 3 1/2 weeks. It is far from polished, but I will give it my best effort. The second one is a dramatic piece that I have done before, but made some changes to make it more difficult. The idea is to have fun, enjoy the moment, and do the best I can.

Before my VSG, and the weight loss it helped me achieve, there is no way I could have done this. It is literally a dream come true for me. So, always remember that it is never to late to do something you have always wanted to do. Oh, and Price is so right, "to compete is to win."

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

Price S.
on 2/27/14 8:18 pm - Mills River, NC

I thought about you often as I watched the olympics.  They all started somewhere too.  I know I will never complete at that level and have no desire to but it is fun to see what the upper levels of our sport can do.  Have a great time at your competition this weekend.  I have a practice day with my new pony today.  We are starting back at the beginning because of his age and level of training.  Will do our first competiton in March.  Our goal there will be to not get eleminated in any phase, LOL.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Huneypie
on 2/28/14 2:29 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Way to go Linda!! :-)

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Roz !!!!
on 2/28/14 3:06 am - Butler, PA

I am so Proud of you for working so hard to make your dream come true!!  Good luck at your competition!!!!

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 362 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 487 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 543 views
Still kickin'...