X-Post, next skating competition in San Diego 3 weeks away

Linda B.
on 2/7/14 3:07 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

Well, I decided at the last minute (signed up on the deadline day) to compete at the California State Winter Games in San Diego. This meant that I only had a little over 3 weeks to practice my new program. I have moved up a level, and I feel rushed. If I do place in the top 3, I will have earned the right to compete at the national competition next year.

What does this have to do with my VSG? Well, without the gift of my VSG, competitive recreational figure skating would not be possible. Now for those who may read this who are newer, the surgery alone will not get you to goal. It takes a solid food and excercise plan. If you are pre-op, post op, or vet, find something you love to stay active, and just do it.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

Price S.
on 2/7/14 8:27 pm - Mills River, NC

good for you.  I know I train harder, me and my ponies when I have a competition coming up.  And I know you have heard me say it before, to complete is to win.  I don't care what color ribbon I get or if I get on if my ponies and I do the best we can and we have fun. Halley and I moved up a level last fall and so far have won everything we have competed in but that was with very little competiton.  Spring will be different and the competition will be out more than likely, but if we do our best, I will be happy. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Linda B.
on 2/9/14 1:18 am - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

Thanks, you are so correct, to compete is to win. Just being able to do this is an amazing thing for me. I think one of the main ways to get physical activity in is to do something you love.

As for your next competition, go get em, and have a good time.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

Huneypie
on 2/7/14 8:59 pm - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Well done Linda - you're doing amazing!! 

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Linda B.
on 2/9/14 1:19 am - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

Thanks

TexasTerritory
on 2/8/14 6:31 am
VSG on 07/22/13
I am from Texas so ice skating is very unusual. I am impressed that you are able to compete. Keep skating towards your goal! I am impressed!

Linda B.
on 2/9/14 1:20 am - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

Thanks, I am glad that I found an activity that I enjoy.

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 362 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 487 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 542 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 560 views